I've been on this forum since 2012. First batch was mid-year, and I've been brewing since. Over 300 gallons brewed in over 130 batches. Yet, I still screw up... Evidence of that sits in front of me, a glass of uncarbonated Apricot Wheat with a 3.3% ABV.
I brewed at the end of January, had some surgery, and then brewed at the end of February. Then, with Covid-19, I didn't think about brewing again until May, and didn't actually brew until late June. I do BIAB, and buy my grains locally from a place that is also on the web. During the pandemic, they closed to retail customers, so I waited. And waited. Then I noticed they had raised their prices significantly, whereas other online stores had not. As I contemplated buying when they were about to reopen, I priced out what I wanted there, plus at a few other places, and realized I could buy significantly more grain at MoreBeer. So I placed my order, and then began the travesty that is this batch.
Because I do BIAB, I can mill the crap out of my grains with no impact. So I stuck a few cups in a blender, and had at it. However, I neglected to actually look at the results, i.e. pour them in a bowl and look at whether I had cracked every grain. Something in my head wrongly said "don't over grind". Wrong.
That batch came in with an OG of 1.030 instead of 1.050. Yikes. Of course genius doesn't have any DME, so I let it ferment, my wife likes low ABV beer. When I added the apricots, I noticed a few chunks. Today, when bottling, those chunks clogged things up, and 3 bottles had to be done via the spigot directly, and at least 2 bottles were left in the LBK when the spigot clogged, which is why I am now drinking an uncarbonated, low alcohol, apricot beer at 9:30AM.
I have since brewed an Oberon clone, a Two-Hearted clone, and another batch of Apricot Wheat, and all were pulverized. And I hit my numbers on each batch.
Morale of the story - when you skip months of brewing, go back to your process, and if you have a new thing to understand, don't ruin a batch learning.