Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dudley1416255618

King's Nectar First Taste

:cheer: Merry Christmas to the Borg. My first taste of the trob bottle of my Kings's Nectar was real smooth with a hint of sweetness? Is this normal after 21 days in the keg? I made it exact to recipe and exact ingredients.

Dudley wrote:

:cheer: Merry Christmas to the Borg. My first taste of the trob bottle of my Kings's Nectar was real smooth with a hint of sweetness? Is this normal after 21 days in the keg? I made it exact to recipe and exact ingredients.

What's the recipe? The OG? High alcohol brews can struggle with full fermentation sometimes. I haven't researched stuck fermentation yet, but you might want to look into that for some troubleshooting.

hi and Merry Christmas. I dont use hydro. Im and old fashoined gut brewing the easiest way I can find the Mr. Beer way. its worked so far. I did the recipe exact to Mr. Beer recipe and went 21 days at 68-75 degrees temp.I know this is a complex expensive beer and its frustrating waiting that 4 to 6 months on this one

Merry Christmas to you as well. Overall, I wouldn't worry about a hint of sweetness in your taste test. You may have some unfermentable sugars in there from the honey or grape juice. You never know what that sweetness comes from...some form of stuck fermentation, unfermentable sugar, dying yeast from the high alcohol, etc.

You've got more brews under your belt than me, so I would trust your own judgement. Question for you...how was the Honey Brown Ale? I'm looking for different variations of that type of brew.

Hey Dudley, while I haven't tried this recipe, I have tried the Dog Fish Head Midas Touch (I think the King's nectar is kind of a clone of the Midas Touch) and it definitely had some residual sweetness to it. Only way to tell if you're completely fermented is a hydrometer, but I'd say youre ok.