Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
NuBrewer

Easiest Way to stir in the Booster??

I just made my second batch of brew. I'm trying to find the easiest and most effective way to do it. My arm almost fell off this time. I was using a whisk rather than a spoon.... I'll take all suggestions.
-Tim :cheers:

Fairly new to the brew process but so far the whisk has served me well. I wait till the water boils, then start adding it while boiling and turn off the heat for the full stir, yes, my arm falls off but once I drink I realize its all worth it. Start harvesting bottles, it helps ease your pain. :P :side: :woohoo:

I always use bottle water to brew. I take a half full jug of room temperature water, pour the packet of booster in and shake until disolved. works great every time. I have found that the hotter the water is, the more likely it is to clump.

I'm using a pretty wide pot for my brews, I'm a short focker and don't want to have to stir it like a cauldron. :laugh:
After a while of stirring circularly with the whisk (arm falling off), I started to just get the water to move circularly and just moving the whisk side to side rapidly as I added the booster. Worked pretty well with the refill as well. I haven't tried the 'shake and boost' method above but if it works well I'll be lovin' it.

NuBrewer wrote:

I just made my second batch of brew. I'm trying to find the easiest and most effective way to do it. My arm almost fell off this time. I was using a whisk rather than a spoon.... I'll take all suggestions.

I found that it is easyer to get the water boiling first than pour in booster using a whisk. Doesnt clump as much and desolves faster.

jnwoodall wrote:

NuBrewer wrote:

I found that it is easyer to get the water boiling first than pour in booster using a whisk. Doesnt clump as much and desolves faster.

+1 this works for me as well. :drinking:

In the past, I have used the blender. Put a pint of water in and then the booster. Put the spurs to it for 20-30 seconds. Pour into the pot and bring to a boil.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that things the booster takes forever to dissolve. Warmer water will help it dissolve quicker. Haven't personally tried it yet but that's what I've found about it.

Warming the water up is the best option because sugars dissolve better in warm to hot water. Apparently they call that science?....lol And due to the fact that the directions say that you will bringing the mixed up to a boil anyway, there is no harm in boiling it. Just make sure you stir it and make sure it doesn't burn

Burn = Off flavors = BAD

Thanks for the tips! I just brewed my first batch recently and stirred the booster into the water with a whisk while it was warming. Next time I'm gonna try the boil the water first, then stir in. Otherwise my right arm is gonna end up looking like Popeye! :)

Guest System Admin

Sham and truckn have great suggestions. I have not done the blender, but it would work good without a doubt. I use an electric mixer with wisk attachement. Use it for the booster and/or dme and it works flawlessly.

I also use it for the wort in the keg, makes for real easy batch'n.