Mr.Beer Community
LostBavarianMan

Where is everyone from?

johnng wrote:

AUSTIN, TX!! anyone live close by??

Have you had a chance to visit Austin Homebrew Supply yet? If so, then I am jealous, as their website gives the impression of AWESOMENESS. I am very tempted to plan a road trip some day.

As for me, I am originally from the great state of Wisconsin. After bouncing around for 20 years in the military, finally settled here in southwest Oklahoma.

Long Island, NY. I recently 'discovered' the Blue Point Brewery tasting room! I hope The Island is made more tolerable with home brew.

Hampton, Virginia..soon to be Yorktown, Virginia in about 3 weeks!

Croz...

mxstar21 wrote:

Spike74 wrote:

mxstar21 wrote:

Spike74 wrote:

Lawrence Kansas

WOW! I am from De Soto, KS. Living in Waianae, HI now.

i kinda figured you were from around here with your chiefs avatar. there really isn't a chiefs fan out there that's not from around here. lol

There are a few of us. Occasionally see some people in Chiefs gear or a sticker on a car. Actually saw one today.

How is Free State Brewery these days? Was my main hangout during college. Haven't been there in probably 6 or 7 years.

beers still good, foods a little more for the foodies, i'm more of a pizza or a greasy burger guy. We also have 23rd street brewery (in front of the hyvee on 23rd and kasold) that does all there brewing in house and has a great oat mill stout and irish ale. And we are suppose to be getting a new brew house where old chicago was. I don't know the name but my wife was telling me about it.

berryman wrote:

Sinclairville, New York - 50 miles south of Buffalo not far to the PA line to the west and to the south.

I'm in Potter County, Pa. maybe we could bottle swap. Funny thing is that's my last name..Sinclair

Niceville, Florida.... I know, I know just on the other side of the tracks from rottenville... actually just above Destin on the gulf coast pan handle - central time baby!

I just brewed a AHS clone and was very impressed with the shipping, instructions, extract and grains. If it tastes half as good as the wort smelled I'm in for some good beer. BTW split it between two MrBeer kegs and pitched a vial of liquid yeast into each... they've been foaming like crazy since sunday morning.

Spinner wrote:

There is only one person on the Jersey Shore show that is actually from Jersey and she is from Hazlet. So..she is south of the bridge and she belongs to all of you down there :)

I am in northern New Jersey where the "bennies" come from.

Unless you think(or act) like some from over one of the bridges to the east I wouldn't call you a bennie.It's more attitude than zipcode. B)

You're right though Spinner I guess we have to take one on the chin for the chick from Hazlet. Home grown big hair Soprano's girls are rare but they do exist. Mostly wanna be's. When you come down feel free to take one back with you. :):)

Swedesboro, NJ (that is exit 2 on the turnpike for you Jersey folks - for everyone else that would be Philadelphia area on the Jersey side)

Born and raised in Dodge County area of Wisconsin
Spent about 14 years in Arizona, most of that in the Phoenix Metro area
Currently in Aurora, Colorado

Born in Monterey, California;
Lived in San Luis Obispo, California most of my life;
Recently moved to Twin Falls, Idaho (2 hrs south of Boise).

As you can imagine I'm from the Los Angeles area. I live in Redondo Beach, CA, born and raised. I'm in between Los Angeles and Long Beach for reference. Go Dodgers!

Guest System Admin

TonyK wrote:

Walkersville, Md.

I am not too far from you...

Hagerstown MD

dodgerblue wrote:

As you can imagine I'm from the Los Angeles area. I live in Redondo Beach, CA, born and raised. I'm in between Los Angeles and Long Beach for reference. Go Dodgers!

booooo dodgers hahahahaah go angels riverside ca here :)

Brian1179 wrote:

dodgerblue wrote:

booooo dodgers hahahahaah go angels riverside ca here :)

:shoot: @ the Halos!

Hailing from Astoria, NY which gave the name to my "brewery", Hell Gate Brewing. The lady love and I are moving to New Jersey in two months though, and hoping to have more space so I can finally expand brewing capacities! I'm torn about if the Hell Gate name should stay or not??

hellgate_brewing wrote:

Hailing from Astoria, NY which gave the name to my "brewery", Hell Gate Brewing. The lady love and I are moving to New Jersey in two months though, and hoping to have more space so I can finally expand brewing capacities! I'm torn about if the Hell Gate name should stay or not??

I think that's an awesome name. Don't change it!

Port Huron, MI. We got the oldest lighthouse in the state! Also the boyhood home of Thomas Edison! Booyaahh!

dodgerblue wrote:

:shoot: @ the Halos!

ahhhha i just cant wait i used to like the dodgers but fallen out of that mess :) :laugh: :woohoo:

but i just cant wait yes it is baseball season yea!!!

Twiz wrote:

Port Huron, MI. We got the oldest lighthouse in the state! Also the boyhood home of Thomas Edison! Booyaahh!

Know it well! Lived there once (about 25 yrs ago!). Went to school at SCCCC.
Born and raised in St.Clair. Now live in Macomb County.

Guest System Admin

Anyone know of a web site that is like Frappr was? I'd like to see a frappr map of all our screen names plotted on a map. Would be faster than reading 6+ pages of " I am located in ****"

tywinter wrote:

Anyone know of a web site that is like Frappr was? I'd like to see a frappr map of all our screen names plotted on a map. Would be faster than reading 6+ pages of " I am located in ****"

I think someone here did something like that about a year ago?? Sounds familiar.

Originally from Bel Air, Maryland; and married a girl from Shrewsbury PA.....guess where I live now! Although recently I've come to enjoy life north of that there Manson-Nixon Line. B)

Zobl wrote:

tywinter wrote:

I think someone here did something like that about a year ago?? Sounds familiar.

I remember a thread at Mr Beer fans with a map, but the site it linked is no longer working. I think we might have done it here, too, but it was a sticky over there, so it was easy to find.

Crown Point Ind.. The "Crown Brewery" is located in the same building and spot (garage,boiler house) that John Dillinger stole the sheriffs car from when he escaped the Lake Co. Jail.

greg_herr wrote:

Niceville, Florida.... I know, I know just on the other side of the tracks from rottenville... actually just above Destin on the gulf coast pan handle - central time baby!

Not far from you here in DeFuniak Springs, Florida, I wish there were some LHBSs around here,Pensacola is a long way to drive and fight traffic for the only one I know of close to here.

I tried an experiment using my Google Map to show the users. Only got the first 2 pages input. Just curious if others can see this.

WolfMagus wrote:

I tried an experiment using my Google Map to show the users. Only got the first 2 pages input. Just curious if others can see this.

I could see it. That looks like a big job of inputting!

(Texas needs to step up!)

WolfMagus wrote:

I can see it. It shows me about 50-60 miles SE of Tanarri in SLC, but I'm actually about 20-25 miles north in Farmington. I can't edit it, though.

bpgreen wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

I can see it. It shows me about 50-60 miles SE of Tanarri in SLC, but I'm actually about 20-25 miles north in Farmington. I can't edit it, though.

Well I put in the location you entered in your post which was just "Utah" so I left the marker where Google placed it. Most of the markers are just generic by City/State and left where Google placed them. I moved a few closer to an area when they said something like "West MA" or if there was more than 1 person in a city so the markers wouldn't be on top of each other.

I was just looking at the "Collaborate" settings on my map and I can invite people to edit the map, which would be a lot of inviting. But it also has a "Allow anyone to edit this map" setting. I've checked that now, so see if you can make a change. If you can it will mean that anyone on the internet can too, so others could mess with the map. But it also means that everyone can put themselves on the map if they want and I wouldn't have to do all the work. :cheer:

Guest System Admin

Got mine pretty close, but I'm about 6 miles NE of that town, out in the boondocks.

WolfMagus wrote:

bpgreen wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

Well I put in the location you entered in your post which was just "Utah" so I left the marker where Google placed it. Most of the markers are just generic by City/State and left where Google placed them. I moved a few closer to an area when they said something like "West MA" or if there was more than 1 person in a city so the markers wouldn't be on top of each other.

I was just looking at the "Collaborate" settings on my map and I can invite people to edit the map, which would be a lot of inviting. But it also has a "Allow anyone to edit this map" setting. I've checked that now, so see if you can make a change. If you can it will mean that anyone on the internet can too, so others could mess with the map. But it also means that everyone can put themselves on the map if they want and I wouldn't have to do all the work. :cheer:

Still can't edit the details.

bpgreen wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

bpgreen wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

Still can't edit the details.

Bummer. Do you have a Google account? Maybe you have to be logged into Google to enter Edit Mode. Moved you to Farmington. Guess I'll just keep adding people for now. Kind of interested to see what it looks like when all the posters on this thread are entered.

WolfMagus wrote:

Bummer. Do you have a Google account? Maybe you have to be logged into Google to enter Edit Mode. Moved you to Farmington. Guess I'll just keep adding people for now. Kind of interested to see what it looks like when all the posters on this thread are entered.

I've got a google account and it shows me logged in but I still can't edit details.

WolfMagus wrote:

Thats cool!!! Mr. Beer seems to be a lot more popular on the East Coast.

mxstar21 wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

Yeah, but I only have 3 of 8 pages entered so far so it might pick up a bit in the west.

WolfMagus wrote:

mxstar21 wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

Yeah, but I only have 3 of 8 pages entered so far so it might pick up a bit in the west.

Or maybe the east coast is just more densely populated.

bpgreen wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

mxstar21 wrote:

WolfMagus wrote:

Or maybe the east coast is just more densely populated.

There is that. My wife is from Connecticut and she moved out to AZ against her will. She found it creepy that you could driver for hours and not cross any substantial civilization.

That's it. I should have all the people that posted locations in this thread on my map.

WolfMagus wrote:

That's it. I should have all the people that posted locations in this thread on my map.

Thanks!!! That's pretty cool. (and saved as a favorite)

By the way... the pin is dead on! 5 min drive from my actual house :)

gabbagabbahey wrote:

wow, no one in ct? post me up!

Waterbury, CT

You're on the map!

Way Cool WolfMagus .... Great job !!

KJI wrote:

Way Cool WolfMagus .... Great job !!

Thanks, it was fun to see everyone on the map.

manosteel9423 wrote:

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.

Somebody has to bring some culture to these forums... ;p

I grew up a few miles down the river from you! St. Clair, MI

Now live in the suburbs of Hockeytown!

Been to St. Clair many times! Shop in Port Huron often and golf in the area even more! I actually live in Corunna, a small town just south of Sarnia, which is almost directly across the river from St. Clair.

manosteel9423 wrote:

Been to St. Clair many times! Shop in Port Huron often and golf in the area even more! I actually live in Corunna, a small town just south of Sarnia, which is almost directly across the river from St. Clair.

I know Corunna, Sombra, Walpole Island, etc.
Been through there many times too!

Deland,Florida..20 miles west of Daytona!

Originally from Rochester,NY..Been down here about 5 years.

There hasn't been asnything in this topic for awhile. I'm in Connecticut, been brewing since 1989. I went to the Mr, Beer LBK because my physical problems make it impossible to handle a larger fewrmenter. I really like the size. I'm also surprised to say that the beers are quite good.

• Like 3

Chicago, IL by way of Boulder, CO

currently in Tampa, FL

Woooo!! Thread revival!! :D

I was born in South Dakota, grew up in the deserts of AZ, did some traveling, spent many years in the Pacific Northwest (I got tired of the desert), and am now back in AZ working for Mr. Beer (I got tired of the rain...lol). :D

Hobart, Indiana (northwest Indiana), 45 minutes from Chicago.  Go Blackhawks!

I am a Canuck, who calls the beautiful (yet still snow covered) province of Nova Scotia home.

• Like 1

Franklin, TN (by way of Muncie, IN and a few places in between)

EDIT:  I now realize that this is an ancient thread resurrected, and I actually answered this question 3 years ago as well...  ;)

• Like 1

I am a Canuck, who calls the beautiful (yet still snow covered) province of Nova Scotia home.

Nova Scotia is beautiful. Drove thru way back in 1971.