Mr.Beer Community
LostBavarianMan

Where is everyone from?

Born in WI.  Lived in NJ almost two decades now.  It surprises me probably the most.  

I'll never forget an incident 50 years ago when I was in the Army. Somebody asked a guy where he was from.. The guy replied--Buffalo. The first guy said--I don't want to know where you're staying-I asked where are you from. Georgia. Honestly--we all laughed.

Born in Washington DC, lived in Metro area MD (PG and Montgomery Counties) for many years, moved to New Orleans in 2011. 

I was born and raised in central Florida, but now reside in the foothills of NC.

I'm from a place where we don't end sentences with prepositions.

I am a Canuck, who calls the beautiful (yet still snow covered) province of Nova Scotia home.

A beautiful young lass from Newfoundland broke my heart many years back  :(

Area 51 now, but Roswell, NM originally.

• Like 1

Almost soon to be Hell-izona

Supposed to be 101* on Friday. Pool ready for some serious arse swimming and keeping cool. Problem is that at 101*, that's a cool spell come June July & August

Salud my friends

Central NC here. Still relatively cool days, some years it is already "summer" at this time of year! I am enjoying sleeping with the windows open for now.

I'm living just north of Orlando, FL. The hot temps and the sweaty tourists are starting to set in for the summer.

You can tell when there are a bunch of tourists in town by the increase in the number of straps. Hat straps, fanny pack straps, folding chair carrying straps, camera straps, backpack straps, etc.

• Like 1

Close to the middle of the country. Mount Vernon, IL. About 1 hour east of St. Louis and some great beer (Schlafly)! B)

Go Cardinals!!

Long Island NY - Home to Jaws, the Hollywood celebrity filled Hamptons, Amityville Horror, award winning wineries, Teddy Roosevelt's Sagamore Hill home, miles and miles of white sand beaches,  and technically includes the famous Coney Island amusement park in Brooklyn. 

Originally from the Ozark Mountains (well we call them mountains-probably just large hills to others) in southern Missouri, eventually settled down on a farm in southeast Missouri after many years in the U.S. Navy floating around the world.

The details of my life are inconsequential...

I don't know. It seems that your beer making is consequential. That's a detail isn't it? ;)

I don't know. It seems that your beer making is consequential. That's a detail isn't it? ;)

Someone isn't an Austin Powers fan, I see.

;)

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, Brendan777

Thank you Jim. I am so a newbie to all this. Just started literally (28th August): Mr Brew kit bought inc Northwestern Pale Ale (differs from the box version!?). Cleaned next day, sanitized and her I am 1 day past maximum Krausen so, I am hopeful. Will give it 3 weeks as opposed to 2 according to those box instructions thanks to advice on here.

Good to be on board and, already reaping benefits!

• Like 3