Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Jeff

about to start my 3rd batch of beer!

So I got a Mr. Beer keg for Christmas and Love it so far. The kit came with the west coast IPA. I've had some of it already, not bad. The only thing I didn't like was it had a wired after taste but I am letting it condition longer.

I also have some black tower porter carbonating. I added 1 Tbs. of vanilla to the wort. I was going to add vanilla beans but I couldn't find any at the store and I couldn't wait any longer so I got vanilla extract. I love vanilla porter so I hope it comes out ok.

West Coast IPA on the left and Porter on the right
IMG_20110223_212224.jpg

This has porter in it also
IMG_20110223_212343.jpg

I just order some Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout and a can of Creamy Brown UME. Hope to start brewing this up soon.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be Assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: We have Beer.

there is no west coast ipa that i am aware of. so it is WCPA. my first and third batch are WCPA the first one was standard (booster) and my other WCPA was deluxe (UME). what is the size of that big bottle?

oh yea welcome to the borg :cheers:

Sounds like you've got a great start going there.

My first batch was standard WCPA with booster second was Vienna Lager with booster and some brown sugar. The next batch will be Brew Ha Ha Bock going in this weekend when I bottle the VE Lager.

This is addicting. :ohmy:

was there a big diff in the deluxe and the standard? wich was better? more body and higher abv% in the deluxe im guessing?

bud76 wrote:

was there a big diff in the deluxe and the standard? wich was better? more body and higher abv% in the deluxe im guessing?

The deluxe is probably better. It's got more body and flavor and slightly higher ABV. I don't think the ABV difference in real world settings is as big as what the site estimates, but it's probably a bit higher. The bigger differences will be in flavor and body.