Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
BC

No-Rinse Cleanser

I want to know if there is somebody out there that can tell me what I can use, besides the the No-Rinse for my keg and bottles, to prep them for the next batch. (Since the No-Rinse is not labeled for the chemicals that is in it.) What do ya'll use to. My wife will not drink the my brew, since she doesn't know what chemicals I used to cleaned the keg and bottles.
PLEASE HELP ME
Or do I have to contact Mr. Beer????????????????????

www.google.com

I wouldnt exactly call my wife not wanting to drink the beers I make a problem. If that was the case I would tell her its powdered bleach

One step is oxygen based. It turns to water after its done. You can use star san, it has a label. But then, I do agree with Clearcut23 here, if you can come up with a reason to keep all the beer to yourself, good on ya.

Here's what the Northern Brewer people say about the product:

One-step releases oxygen into solution in a way that
forms hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria and other
infectious organisms. Hydrogen peroxide then degrades into water
and oxygen and the only residue is a thin film of minerals that are
naturally found in most water supplies. One-step is not labeled
as a sanitizer because the producer has not chosen to apply with
the FDA for that designation. One step is mixed at one tbsp. per
gallon of warm water. One-step should not be used with hard water
(over 200ppm total hardness). One step has no listed contact time,
but in our experience 2 minutes is effective.

Does she drink commercial brews?

Peroxyacetic acid (peracetic acid) is a common sanitizer used in commercial brewery settings. It is used cold. Take care not to breath its vapors and do not let it contact your skin, especially before it’s diluted. Iodophore sanitizers are typically used to soak small pieces of equipment and sprayed on small external sanitary fittings in commercial settings. Pure, non-denatured laboratory-grade ethanol can also be used as a spray-on sanitizer for small external areas.

BC wrote:

I want to know if there is somebody out there that can tell me what I can use, besides the the No-Rinse for my keg and bottles, to prep them for the next batch. (Since the No-Rinse is not labeled for the chemicals that is in it.) What do ya'll use to. My wife will not drink the my brew, since she doesn't know what chemicals I used to cleaned the keg and bottles.
PLEASE HELP ME
Or do I have to contact Mr. Beer????????????????????

BC I've found One-Step to be all the cleaner (I know it's not sanitizer) sanitizer I ever really trusted to be safe and get the job done.

Star San and BTF Iodophor Sanitizers are too harsh for my liking, although they are true sanitizers. When I use Oxi-Clean or Craftmeister Oxygen Brewery Wash I still rinse them out and use One-Step before adding wort.

I don't think you'll find something that would be considered organic that would sanitize well enough. Does she allow bleach? You can use a diluted bleach solution, but it needs to be rinsed well (unlike the no-rinse ones like onestep). I think One Step is probably the least harsh of the available choices.