Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
brewlove

My first brew....

I was worried about how it was gonna turn out from reading some of the horror stories on the forum. But I followed all the rules and advice from the knowledgable folks on the forum and I'm happy to report my first brew, the West Coast Pale Ale that comes with the kit, rules! It turned out waaaaay better than I hoped it would. I would have been happy if it was drinkable, but I'm very happy to report it turned out great!

Much love and thanks to all you knowledgable brewmasters who helped me get to this point!

Now I'm excited! I currently have an Red Ale bottled that will be ready the weekend before St Patty's Day, a Wheat Beer that should be ready a week after that and I have the Cowboy Lager and the Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner fermenting!

I think my hobby is getting out of hand and I owe it to you guys!

Thanks!!

Guest System Admin

Just cracked my first WCPA also, was very pleased too.

I think if I do it again I will wait 3 weeks before bottling though

If you got pictures post them in the First pour thread

I actually let mine ferment for 20 days before I bottled it. I also let it carbonate/condition in the bottle for 4 weeks and put it in the fridge for 2 days before I tried it.

I will definitely put pics up as soon as I get them off my phone!
:)

Guest System Admin

A buddy told me that 5 day in fridge is a must, he puts a couple bottles in fridge Sunday night for the next weekend.

my third batch is WCPA deluxe (HME + UME no booster), my first batch was also WCPA but it was the standard (HME + booster only) i loved that one. ill have my first taste of WCPA deluxe will be sunday feb 27, tomorrow. i am looking forward to it. from what everybody has said about a week in fridge is good. :laugh:

Guest System Admin

Brian1179,

After you taste your next WPCA, tell us the differences in your recipe and the differences in taste. I did not like my first WPCA, but thought it had some good qualities that I would like to incorp in other brews later.

Thanks,

Assimilation Complete.

goto LHBS
acquire DME
acquire LME
acquire HOPS
acquire GRAINS
Brew
repeat

we have beer
:barman:

Beer Daddy wrote:

Brian1179,

After you taste your next WPCA, tell us the differences in your recipe and the differences in taste. I did not like my first WPCA, but thought it had some good qualities that I would like to incorp in other brews later.

Thanks,

also i dry hopped with amarillo hops. i wont be making that mistake again but it is still good. just not as good as my first WCPA. :blush:

also the first pour is my new avatar.