Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
amerikes

How many Mr. Beer kegs........

....does everyone have? I have two now, and looking at buying a third. I am not ready to go to the 5 gal. batches yet, and three kegs would probably serve me well......

Just wondering???

I have two and that is plenty. I usually dont even have both full at the same time. Although I am looking to replace one of them. I have been using it for over 3 yrs now.

I got 3... plus 7 6.5 gal buckets and 8 6 gal carboys.. and 2 40 gallon conicals (not online yet though). :)

I have 3, but I the most I have going at once is two batches. Just this week, I decided to use my 3rd keg as a "bottling bucket" for batch priming.

I have 2 kegs. It serves me well. I wish I had more but time, space and $$ wouldnt allow me to fill anymore any way so 2 is perfect!

2 kegs and 6.5gal carboy. the kegs have been neglected cause of the new guy but I have big plans for them. Keeping three fermenters going is tough for the same reasons mnstarzz said, time, money and space.

If only we could all have 40 gallon conicals!!

Two here...actually just recieved the second one. Haven't had a chance to break it in yet. Maybe on Sunday??? :cheer:

I have 3 which are all currently in use, but that is only because I have a very limited time to bottle in the next 2 months. I'm planning on using the 3rd keg for secondary fermentation after this. 3 going at the same time is cumbersome, especially the waiting for it all to be ready!

I have 2 Mr beer kegs and 2 streamlined (one for lemonade/cider) one for batch priming and I have the groupon for a 6.5 gallon kit but won't actually order it til next month.

I have two regular Mr. Beer kegs and one Mr. Beer Pilot Keg (6qt)

I also have one Slim-line 2.5 gallon keg for batch primimg

Yeah, really, it doesn't have to be Mr. Beer Kegs only.

What kind of setup do you have......5 gal. carboy, etc., or larger?

I'm waiting for delivery of keg #3. I started like many, with the gift of the kit at Christmas. I have to edit myself now at work and home and try NOT to talk about brewing all the time.

just got my 4th yesterday....wife saw it at the thrift store for a buck...grabbed it for me. :laugh:

2 that are pretty much fermenting something all the time, 1-2 day rest between batches.

powers1334 wrote:

just got my 4th yesterday....wife saw it at the thrift store for a buck...grabbed it for me. :laugh:

You hang on to that one, ya hear! (the wife, not the keg)

Between Timathie and myself there are:
3 Mr Beer fermenters
3 5 gallon fermenters
2 5 gallon PET1 carboys for secondary
and
one 12.5 gallon blue barrel named Big Bob

Not to mention 5 Corney kegs, 3 of which currently contain beer (2 on tap).

Sadly, right now we only have 1 in primary and 1 in secondary.

I have 2 MB kegs with the third ordered and scheduled for delivery this Monday.

Started with 2, up to 3. If I wanted to brew more I'd just get another, I like these little kegs much better then my old 5 gallon kit.

I have 5 MB kegs, but usually have no more than 4 in action at any given time. Might start using the 5th for hard cider/lemonade.

Every time I think I might want a 5-gallon set-up, I realize I can simply split between 2 kegs - so why bother?

I do have a 7.9 gallon plastic fermenter and a 6 1/2 gallon glass carboy, but I use those to make wine for SWMBO.

I have 4, but only been using 3 which are always in use, the empty was picked up off Craigslist with 12 fliptop bottles for $10, but I really don't have the room for it, might use it for batch priming soon. Need the fancy spigot for it like my others.

2 kegs here which is just right for me. Anymore and I would have to make brewing a full time job.

i have three. none are in use at the moment, as my mini fridge is being used to lager american gold premimum (archived) and maibock (spring seasonal)

EDIT: i recounted and i have 4 total, none in use do to going to florida at the end of may so i dont want any sitting around here in so cal for that time.

Four, plus a 6 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon better bottle. I'm really liking the better bottle as of late. The bucket won't get much of a workout until I fully commit to 5 gallon by upsizing some of my equipment, so thus far it has only gotten one use.

I have 2 for fermenting and a 3rd for batch priming. I also have two 3 gal carboys for secondaries though and usually have at least 3 out of the 4 going.

2 MB kegs and had one slimline until it died a few weeks ago.

i have 3 havent had a chance to use number 3 yet i normaly have 2 going at the same time i should have number 3 going by tuesday if not thursday the latest

Ok, I'll admit 'anything worth doing is worth overdoing'.

I've been brewing and fermenting double batches, enough to fill 2 Mr. Beer fermenters, for a while now. I can fill my 5 gallon mash tun with 11.5 pounds of grain and make enough 1.070 range wort to fill 2 MB fermenters.

My process yields about 4.5 gallons of beer, just a perfect fit for the MB fermenters and my 2.5 gallon corny kegs.

An old pic...
7fermenters51.jpg
...now three live in coolers during the first seven to ten days of ferment for temp control.
(The "other than beer" catagory lives on the counter full time.)
DSC03403.jpg
Then to the countertop to finish.

beerstuff002.jpg
So more can go in the coolers.
Kegincooler001.jpg

(4) MR B (2 are a friends but at my house)
(4) 5 gal carboys (1 in use and others never used...yet)
(2) 5 or 6 gal buckets (never used yet, came in a group purchase with the carboys)

Currently (5) ferments going at once. (2) Mr B are ready to be bottled, (2) Mr B and (1) carboy need a couple weeks to get ready.

2 Mr. B kegs (1 really yucky old kit brewed for practice) gonna use for test batches. Got both kegs for free.

2 6 gal fermentation/bottling pails (jumped right in with both feet)
5 gal Best Bitter done and drinking (1st brew)came out great
5 gal patersbier still waiting to be brewed
8 home draft mini kegs (1.5 gal)for conditioning and dispensing
3 filled with English Best Bitter, 2 conditioning , 1 tapped for drinking as we speak (insert half empty pilsner glass here)

Endless supply of 5 gal water bottles for secondaries or whatever.best part is they come filled with water :-)... Buddy works for water co.

2 corny kegs (not used yet)

Total newby and totally hooked.

3 MB kegs, 2 5 gal glass carboys, 3 and 6 gal better bottles, couple of slimlines for secondary and cold crashing, 1 each 7.9, 4, and 2 1/2 gal plastic buckets. Some filled with wine, some with beer. It all started as a science experiment and got out of hand.

2 kegs now, which is plenty for brewing but I think I may get a third for batch priming.

Three here, i got the third when MB had a $10 special. having 3 going this time of year will help stockpile some brew for the summer months. you can branch out into hard cider without effecting the beer line!

SnuffySmith747 wrote:

Three here, i got the third when MB had a $10 special.

I've only been brewing for 2 years, but I think they've had that special the whole time.