Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jman1972

I cant believe I am saying this.....but

I am on my 3rd batch of beer right now. I am currewntly drinking my Whispering wheat and I have American Devil IPA carbing right now and my 1st batch of WCPA Pumpkin Lager is long gone. We I had some Bud Light in the fridge that I decided to have with dinner tonight. This is the part I cant believe, The Bud Light didnt even taste good, not only that I took a good look at it and realized it didnt look very good either. I think it is official, I am a home brewer, and if I am not drinking my own beer I will only be drinking beers from Mico brewerys and not the mass produced stuff.

Hi my name is Jason and I am a Home Brewing addict.

Sounds like you have been fully assimilated!
:borg:

I like to call it Buttwiper. I'd rather drink a PBR than a Bud any day.

but yea, home brewing is a blast! If i had the supplies I would be brewing everyday

You are right, try drinking a few of your home brews first then a bud light, you'll be saying to yourself "where's the beer" I still drink the big name, mass produced, highly advertised, pale yellow liquid that most people call beer. I mostly buy micro brew from my local brewery & save the bottles for my own good stuff. You'll like the ADIPA.

This happened to me long before I started brewing. The second I got my hands on an imported wheat beer I was lost to BMC.

When offered one of the BMC's I just smile and say "no thanks". I just can't drink something that seems to have been filtered through Kidneys already

d3EP wrote:

I'd rather drink a PBR than a Bud any day

Right on!!!! PBR on tap kicks ass. If I'm at a bar having a cheesesteak, that's what I'll get.

welcome to the club! My friends are big bud light drinkers so I always bring a 6-er of homebrew over there ;)

Only time ill drink it is if im a club (which i hate going to the club but if its someones birthday i can't be rude)

Guest System Admin

welcome aboard. Whether brewing standard recipes or premium recipes IT"S ALL GOOD!!! :laugh:

Agree on all points. I drank way to much Busch and Bud in college (If I remember correctly still a little fuzzy...) but the town I went to college in had a really nice low key jazz bar and I discovered IPAs and I have been hooked ever since. Now I try not to touch those "other" beers. Home brewing is a new experience but one I have really gotten behind.

I too went thru the consumption of the mass produced market product when I was younger (mainly looking for a buzz back then). When I was introduced to micro brews from a family member I never went back to the mass produced stuff. It wasn't until I started homebrewing though that I really appreciated the micro brews and started noticing the hop differences and malts.

Anyways, just wanted to say welcome aboard and welcome to the addiction...errr club!

It's very easy to get sick of the pee pee! :silly: Once you get used to beer with flavor, why drink something that basically tastes like the good stuff mixed with water?

i do believe that someones sig stated something like "life is too short...drink home brew" makes sense now. Doesn't it :woohoo:

Ha...Budlight....

I am on my first batch of home brew (WCPA carbing)...

When I tell co-workers and my friends about the new adventure I am embarking on...I tell them, hey even if I f@ck up a batch, it can't be any worse than a budlight!

"My name is Russell and I am a home brewer" :unsure:

OK ... there I said it out loud in front of everybody.

About 25 years ago I was at a small restaurant that had Anchor Steam Beer on the menu. I though "heck why not". It was a revelation !
I have never bought pee pee since.

I always noticed that when I had a Bud I got a headache anyway.

Now I have my own ale tailor made to my taste. Not much reason to buy anything commercial except to compare to what I am making.

Congratulations !

welcome to the club. Been drinking home brew and micros for at least a decade now maybee more......But there are times that a good american or canadian lager or ale is great also. The way I look at it it is just one of the many styles of beer. BTW I really love a miller high life very cold on a hot summer day.