Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
baj86

Sugars?

I got my kit and made the West Coast Pale Ale. During boiling I used 2 orange peels. When it came time to bottle I used regular sugar in all but two. Then in one bottle I used brown sugar and the other was honey. Needless to say the honey was GREAT, brown sugar good, and regular sugar VERY bland.

Just bought the Brew Ha Ha Bock, I don't want the honey taste in this better/stronger beer. I have heard of a "Wine sugar." Has anyone used this. After reading some posts it looks like corn sugar is the way, but just wondering if anyone has used the wine sugar.

Thanks!

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be Assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: We have Beer.

I haven't heard of "wine sugar", but then, I lead a sheltered life.

Do you have more information on this wine sugar? After all, it may just be corn sugar that's been renamed to give the snooty-tooty, hoity-toity, toffee-nosed, hoi-polloi, fancy-schmancy wine snobs another reason to feel superior to us snooty-tooty, hoity-toity, toffee-nosed, hoi-polloi, fancy-schmancy beer snobs.

I'm just sayin'.

Welcome I see this is your first post....
Never heard of wine sugar but have been very happy using table sugar....

The amount used to prime a bottle should not have an effect on flavor

I just emailed the guy who was telling me about the wine sugar. Maybe I heard him wrong, we'll see and I'll let you all know I guess. :(

Welcome Aboard .... looking forward to finding out the answer to your question.

He has heard of champagne sugar, but it looks like it may just be pure cane sugar. Anyone know?