Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
charlieshirk

New Brew Guy

Hello all, my name is Charlie and I am new to brewing beer. My brother finally talked me into trying it out since he has been brewing for a few years now. I look forward to hearing from some of you experts as I give this a shot.

Welcome to the obsession Charlie! Lots of great folks on here with tons of experience. Seems like I learn something new everyday. Can't wait to hear about your first batch!

Cheers
:chug:

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be Assimilated. Resistance IS quite Futile: we have BEER.

Welcome along. keep us posted on what ya have planned for your first batch

Welcome, you come to the right place to learn how to make beer the right way. You will be hooked on this hobby,.

Welcome to the obsession. You'll really like the people here. Even Kenny was good for a laugh.

mnstarzz13 wrote:

Welcome Charlie!!! You've joined a magical place....:)

wonka-charlie.jpg
...oh sorry different magical place, and different charlie too...

Guest System Admin

Welcome to the family ...

Patience.

Guest System Admin

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome aboard! This is really a great bunch and you should be able to get answers to just about any question related to brewing (and some not related to brewing). Read the stickies on the forums, especially the simple guideline and the malt to adjunct ratio threads and remember that patience is your friend.

One note on the malt to adjunct thread is that although it started out aimed at new users, it ended up covering some pretty advanced topics. If it gets over your head, just ignore those parts until you're ready for them

Glad to have you with us, Charlie! We welcome all brewers of good character and genial temperament. I advise you to read the Simple Guidelines sticky at the top of this forum. A lot of your questions will be addressed there.

But questions always arise that may not be covered (even yankeedag can't think of everything), so feel free to ask. You'll get a lot of good answers, and maybe even a few yuks along with them.

Be patient, sanitize, and stock up on bottles.

And, in the words of Charlie Papazian, one of the homebrewer's gurus, Relax. Don't Worry. Have a Home Brew.

Thanks to all you have welcomed me, and I plan on using this forum to the fullest!! :S I did bottle my first batch of beer on Sunday after about 11 days, it went good, took a little time but I am sure I will get faster at it once I get the process down.