Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
centurifdny

Imperial Hefeweizen - who got their email?

I just ordered mine! only one though. Also a carmel apple hard cider, and one more Cowboy HME. Going to brew two cans of cowboy HME straight up to see how it is.

marblejones wrote:

What's the email

If you call dibs on the Mr. Beer seasonals, you get an e-mail allowing you to order 3 days before it's released to everyone else.

Just got mine, ordered 2 cans, some Amarillo hops (they smell incredible), some US-05 yeast, and an ADIPA refill. I have spent too much money on Mr. Beer. But I couldn't think of a more rewarding hobby!

Ordered 2 just now. I am planning on brewing the first one as per the directions but the 2nd is what I am looking forward to experimenting with. Thinking about using either cinnamon basil or or pineapple sage that I have growing in my garden. Any suggestions?

Guest System Admin

i had to pause deadliest catch to get mine, I hope its well worth it.

twidget722 wrote:

Ordered 2 just now. I am planning on brewing the first one as per the directions but the 2nd is what I am looking forward to experimenting with. Thinking about using either cinnamon basil or or pineapple sage that I have growing in my garden. Any suggestions?

I've used basil in Belgians made with spicy Belgian yeast, about 2oz in a 5 gallon batch. That was quite yummy. Never tried it with a regular wheat beer yeast though.

Not so sure about the sage. Wouldn't want my beer to taste like sausage :) (but who knows maybe it would be good hehe).

Edit: Any I'm on Mr Beer right now waffling about if I want 2 cans or 3 cans of this stuff...

Just ordered mine!!

Only problem is that my Dr. said I needed to stop drinking for a while, so my liver enzymes will come down. He can't treat my high cholesterol as long as my enzymes are high :(

I can still brew, just can't drink it.

Friends are popping up everywhere to take my stock off my hands.
They're afraid it will go bad :lol:

On an off topic note: Spike how about a beer at 23rd St Brewery sometime. Their Crimson Fog is some awesome stuff.

MMMMM beer that tastes like sausage, sounds Delicious, or maybe just creepy. I think I will have to experiment some before I brew an entire batch. Now the question will be what is similar to the Imperial Hefe to test on.

Placed my order for the Imperial hefe, and 9 other recipes/refills. :ohmy: I should avoid shopping after working the night-shift. :blink: Good Night everybody.

smokediver3zero wrote:

I still hav'nt received my email. I have had DIBS for two weeks now! :angry:

Make sure to check your spam folders. Every once in awhile MB emails go there for me even though I have added them to my safe list. You can also call in the order.

Just ordered mine. Also picked up a Jamaica Mon. My last two summer brews before I start to go back to the dark beers for the fall and winter. :banana:

GWCR wrote:

smokediver3zero wrote:

Make sure to check your spam folders. Every once in awhile MB emails go there for me even though I have added them to my safe list. You can also call in the order.

Thanx. I ended up calling them. Ended up spending over $65 on stuff I needed (well, wanted), including a hydrometer - my other broke a few weeks back.

Thanx Again and :chug:

smokediver3zero wrote:

GWCR wrote:

smokediver3zero wrote:

Thanx. I ended up calling them. Ended up spending over $65 on stuff I needed (well, wanted), including a hydrometer - my other broke a few weeks back.

Thanx Again and :chug:

You bet. I called mine in too since I wanted to use it as my Brew Club order. Couldn't figure out how to do it online since the IH isn't available in the regular store yet. Piece of cake on the phone.

Cheers!

Got an even better email..."Your Order Has Shipped..."

That was damn fast Mr. Beer!!!! You really have to love the customer service, oh yeah, and the beer.

Just got my confirmation email saying that the order has shipped. Now the big question, do I brew the Hefeweizen or brew my wife the hard apple cider that I promised?

Guest System Admin

Ordered two and some fruit for making Blue Lightning too

centurifdny wrote:

Just got my confirmation email saying that the order has shipped. Now the big question, do I brew the Hefeweizen or brew my wife the hard apple cider that I promised?

Which Hard Cider recipe are you going to make?
I have been experimenting with a few different ones.
Have'nt found the "perfect one" yet....

Nong Pumpkin Pie Cider.
2.5 gallon Apple juice (no additives)
660g of golden brown sugar
.5 lbs of Lactose
1/2 tsp Pumkin Pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nut meg
1st choice: Champagne yeast 2nd: wine yeast.
make and age for 3 months.

I'm just going to make the standard kit from MB. I like cider also so this will be something we can enjoy together. If I like the way it turns out then I think it will become part of a standard rotation.

Ordered mine. Just have a couple of questions up for debate:

1. How long should I let this ferment and condition?
2. Would it make sense to add anything to this - say
a UME/HME or Booster/honey?

Thanx!

This is my first seasonal, so I'm not doing anything to it. Being the extra premium one can deal that it is. Getting 2 so just in case I think it might need something, I could do it to the 2nd batch...

twidget722 wrote:

My order was delivered today, thinking about brewing the first batch this afternoon!! :woohoo:

I got my 2 cans today as well. I already have all my kegs in process though so it will have to wait a bit before I can brew it. I should have ordered another keg with it! lol

Mine should be coming in on Monday. I have a Russian Imperial almost done fermenting, really tasting like espresso, hope it conditions out after 4-6 months I don't plan on doing anything other than what the recipe calls for. I don't think I'll ever go to all grain because MB is so easy and the results are GD fantastic.

smokediver3zero wrote:

Ordered mine. Just have a couple of questions up for debate:

1. How long should I let this ferment and condition?
2. Would it make sense to add anything to this - say
a UME/HME or Booster/honey?

Thanx!

Hey Fireman - I'd make the first one straight up.
2nd batch add a 1/2 pack of booster & some hops at the end of the boil & as a dry hop. Cascades or Centennial will be best as that's what's in there already. You'll just enhance it.
1/2 cup of honey will probably be OK to add a drier finish &, of course you can always add a 1/2 lb of light DME.
Ferment 3 weeks
Condition 4 weeks or more. :cheers:

Guest System Admin

Got my order today also!!!

WOOOOHOOO!

First batch is done and bubbling away in the basement. Forming a nice thick layer of kraeusen hopefully it all stays in the keg!

I'm going to order two cans on Mon. MB seasonals are great. Also going to brew a Cowboy Lager with Honey & amarillo hops and Saflager S-23

Guest System Admin

I got the email but have been slackin. I will be ordering mine today. :woohoo:

Guest System Admin

got mine friday, made it Saturday night. Big thick layer on top and setting at about 68 degrees. It smells so damn good. Its going to be hard waiting 4 weeks for the fermentation and 3 weeks conditioning. wish i had ordered more.

Spike74 wrote:

got mine friday, made it Saturday night. Big thick layer on top and setting at about 68 degrees. It smells so damn good. Its going to be hard waiting 4 weeks for the fermentation and 3 weeks conditioning. wish i had ordered more.

Is that what the instructions called for as far as fermenting/conditioning times? Mine should be here tomorrow - can't wait. Thanx!

Guest System Admin

I plan on brewing mine this coming Saturday, May will be a busy month so this will be sitting 3 weeks before I will be able to check and bottle.

Will be going through brew-withdraws

Sadly, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I have WAY more beer than I know what to do with right now (pipeline is bursting) and my buddy just made a yummy hef so I'll take a few of his bottles to quench my thirst for a hef for now.

I'll be watching the other thread closely for updates on how it is and the differences between it and the 'normal' recipe.

Guest System Admin

Kealia wrote:

Sadly, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I have WAY more beer than I know what to do with right now (pipeline is bursting) and my buddy just made a yummy hef so I'll take a few of his bottles to quench my thirst for a hef for now.

I'll be watching the other thread closely for updates on how it is and the differences between it and the 'normal' recipe.

there is no such thing! lol

Spike74 wrote:

Don't know about the 4 weeks, mine came out at 1.055 and I will bottle at around 1.013. I do know that you are dead on when you said that it smells damn good!!! Can't wait until this guy is done.

Guest System Admin

ronnydobbs wrote:

Spike74 wrote:

Don't know about the 4 weeks, mine came out at 1.055 and I will bottle at around 1.013. I do know that you are dead on when you said that it smells damn good!!! Can't wait until this guy is done.

the instructions say a min. of 2 weeks. I have had really good luck with my last two brew setting for 4 weeks then bottling. I didn't have a chance to test mine, i was teaching my wife how to make it and as i went to get my hydrometer she dumped the yeast in, luckily it was cooled down to 65 when she pitched the yeast or we would be divorced right now! lol