Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dberei

Absolutely delighted!

Ok... I couldn't wait any longer. I tossed a bottle of WCPA in the fridge yesterday and I just had a glass. Wow... It is delicious! So far I've followed the basic guidelines [img/] [img/] [img/] [img/] and let it ferment for 2 weeks and condition for 2 weeks. If it's this good now I can't imagine what a few more weeks will do to it. Also, I only added 1 1/4 tsp of sugar because I've read that 1 1/2 was causing over carb. It's perfectly carbonated! Now I really am hooked! :-) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

You think it is good now, just wait two more weeks and it will be even better. Glad you are hooked.

Guest System Admin

Glad it was really good. Whatcha brewin next?

What size bottles did you use?

dferron wrote:

I have the pumpkin lager in now. 1 more week in the lbk and then to the bottles.

Dberei wrote:

dferron wrote:

I have the pumpkin lager in now. 1 more week in the lbk and then to the bottles.

Missed the bottle question. The wcpa is in yhr 1 liter bottles but the pumpkin will be in 12 oz glass bottles.

Congratulations! It's a real rush tasting your first homebrewed beer, isn't it?

It'll be the first of many, I'm sure. And as you gain more experience, you'll be getting creative and really customizing your brews.

Congrats man! hope my first one turns out just as good when its done conditioning.

Dberei wrote:

Ok... I couldn't wait any longer. I tossed a bottle of WCPA in the fridge yesterday and I just had a glass. Wow... It is delicious! So far I've followed the basic guidelines [img/] [img/] [img/] [img/] and let it ferment for 2 weeks and condition for 2 weeks. If it's this good now I can't imagine what a few more weeks will do to it. Also, I only added 1 1/4 tsp of sugar because I've read that 1 1/2 was causing over carb. It's perfectly carbonated! Now I really am hooked! :-) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Way to go man!

:cheers:

FedoraDave wrote:

Congratulations! It's a real rush tasting your first homebrewed beer, isn't it?

It'll be the first of many, I'm sure. And as you gain more experience, you'll be getting creative and really customizing your brews.

It really was a rush. I didn't expect it to be but that first drink was something else...

LOML gave me my first LBK and refills for Christmas (I now have three). She says it's, by far, the best appreciated gift she's ever given to me.

And not a day goes by that she doesn't regret giving it to me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chuck N wrote:

LOML gave me my first LBK and refills for Christmas (I now have three). She says it's, by far, the best appreciated gift she's ever given to me.

And not a day goes by that she doesn't regret giving it to me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha! Yes. My girlfriend's sister gave me mine. My girlfriend told me the other night (after I received yet another box of supplies in the mail) that she should have told her not to get it. I scoffed and she recanted and was just glad it brought me so much joy, and that it does!

And congrats Dberei. Welcome to the obsession.