Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
conorek1

Forgot to let yeast sit for five minutes.

I forgot to let the yeast sit for five minutes before mixing it up. Will the beer still be ok?

conorek1 wrote:

I forgot to let the yeast sit for five minutes before mixing it up. Will the beer still be ok?

Yep... if you stirred it up good, your beer will turn out just fine. Letting it sit for 5 minutes helps, but fear not, you will still be making beer!

And... if it has only been 15 or 20 minutes since you finished up the batch and you still have a sanitized whisk or spoon, you can always go back and give a quick stir again then cover her back up.

Just be sure the spoon and/or whisk is sterilized from soaking in the one-step though... if they are no longer sterilized, just leave it be and do not try to give it a second stir.

nah. it's a total bust. let it sit in the keg for 21 days, bottle it with priming sugar and send it to me for propper disposal.

Thats okay. I forgot to add the remaining cold water to the keg before I pitched the yeast in my last batch. I realized when I went to put the lid on. I Don't think it will be a problem though, except for maybe my inital hydro reading. Just used the spray faucet to add the rest of the water and stirred the hell out of it. :party:

yankeedag wrote:

What was the Temp of the wort when you tossed in the yeast?

74-75, with us 05. I cooled it down in the fridge first. Thats what screwed me up. Id never tried that before and wasn't thinking I needed more water when I pulled it out.

If you can pre-chill the water you'll use in the fermenter you'll find that you can just add your wort, and the temp should be right for adding your yeast.

yankeedag wrote:

If you can pre-chill the water you'll use in the fermenter you'll find that you can just add your wort, and the temp should be right for adding your yeast.

Good idea. I will keep that in mind, thanks man.