Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
xmack

What to do with beer

DRINK IT!!! :beer:

Yes, I know. That's the easy answer. But I've found that, when I'm producing as much as 250 ounces of beer every 3 weeks, I would have to keep near-alcoholic levels of drinking to prevent my fridge from overflowing with beer. So what I do is, when every available bottle is full and I know I have another batch kegged and waiting, I invite some friends over to get some pizza, watch some movies, and empty my fridge. It's getting to be a regular event now! They get some free beer and I get some feedback on my latest concoctions. It's a win-win!

I'm curious what other people do to make sure demand for homebrew always outweighs supply. Do you cook with them? Give them away as gifts? Sell them on the street corner? Use them to fuel your car (it's probably cheaper!)? Let me know!

Most of my friends know that I homebrew so I have the opposite problem, never enough to go around :S

As already mentioned. Envite a few friends over, order up some pizza, and just sit around and enjoy each others company. Any I may ocasionally make some beer bread.

NOTE: Has been along time since I brewed. So I ordered two kits Monday. They shipped yesterday. Should be here Fri. Have two kegs. So I will start both batches Sat. Will order more kit the first of Nov. And will start them as soon as the other two finish. I can't wait!

I found that a dedicated circuit and a spare fridge in the garage is the only way to go. Lots of room and the wife doesn't complain ....... well not as often anyway. My freind even placed a HOUSE FOR SALE sign on the fridge with the S in sale crossed out. So its now my HOUSE FOR ALE!

Guest System Admin

I have solved some of the refrig space problem. We had an old upright
freezer in our garage, that hasnt been used in years since it now just my wife and myself, son has grown. Got a Johnson regulator, and turned
the freezer into a fridge. Lots of space. I brew with four kegs so space was really becoming a problem. Thanks for your attention.
TonyK

I am going to make a few batches of Christmas Ale and give them out for presents for people at work and a few friends..I am broke so this will be a cool gift for people to get.

i love beer, indeed. but hardly do i drink more than 1 to 2 glasses in a week. what's great about mr. beer as compared to the 5gal setups is that you don't have to brew two cases worth at once! typically i just brew the beer and share it with everyone. kinda of the same way i bake the most fattening desserts yet give them away so that i am not stuck eating them all. for me, a lot of the enjoyment is in the process and letting others experience it.