Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brewing Brother

Replacing Booster with Honey - When to add?

I'm trying the honey over the booster (3/4 cup replacing 1/2 bag of booster). What is the best way to do so? Honey first or mix the booster first and then add the honey?

I believe you should melt the booster in the water first, turn the heat on the stove, bring to a boil, turn off and then add the honey.

This way has worked best for me.

Cheers!
:chug:

Brewing Brother wrote:

I'm trying the honey over the booster (3/4 cup replacing 1/2 bag of booster). What is the best way to do so? Honey first or mix the booster first and then add the honey?

I have always boiled the honey for at least 10 minutes to "pasteurize" it before adding it to any part of my beer. With the booster, you bring it to a boil and then remove it from heat so I don't know if boiling it for that long would damage it or change any of its properties.

I would boil the honey first for 10 minutes, remove it from heat, add the booster and bring it to a boil again then remove from heat. I've never done this with booster though so this is just IMHO

I did something close. I brought the 1/2 bag Booster to a boil per instructions, pulled it off the heat and then added the honey before it could cool off. It looked good and poured very smoothly into the keg with no effort.

Keep your fingers crossed.

BB