Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
gophers6

Transporting Mr Beer

I'm a newbie so this might be a dumb question. Is there any problem taking finished beer in the PET bottles on a car trip? Could the jiggling for 5 hours cause bursting? Thanks

I wouldn't worry at all about bursting, unless you are over carbonated. The only thing that MAY happen is a bit of cloudiness fron the yeast sediment from carbonation. Just let them sit for a bit when you get where you're going and you should be fine.

If they're ready to drink they should be fine. Just keep them on ice and avoid potholes, stop signs, and all traffic laws.:lol:

Personally, I'd be more worried about open container laws, so I would use new PET bottle caps with the seal.

A friend of mine brought his in the car on a 4-5 hour trip to home. It was fine but, he didn't let them sit long enough and when he opened them they sprayed everywhere! Just make sure you ice them and let them sit for a while!

TheDarkOne wrote:

If they're ready to drink they should be fine. Just keep them on ice and avoid potholes, stop signs, and all traffic laws.:lol:

Ahem! I assume you mean to avoid potholes and obey stop signs and all traffic laws.

:)

:chug:

Certainly not! You don't want such petty things as traffic and crosswalks to force you to stop your momentum and cause your beer to roll around.:P