Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest System Admin

Miller Lite 16 oz Pet Bottles

Guest System Admin

I bought a 6pk of these nice 16 oz bottles with free crap beer. Anyone try these? Should work fine. I have not opened one to see if the cap is the standard pet bottle cap, looks like it.

Now I have to find Miller Lite drinkers to buy the plastic bottles and save them for me.

I am going to use this beer as a mixer for my really bitter Shameless Stout with coffee. I mixed it 50/50 with another cheap beer. It was good enough and way better then big brew beer.

I've been meaning to try those, but I can't bring myself to drink the shitty beer inside them. I also wanted to get one of those home drafts, but.......well, you know the rest...

Guest System Admin

yep thanks - bad beer for sure but I figured out this way is cheaper to buy a case of these bottles -with the crap beer- then it was to get a case of 16 oz pet bottles online.
I dont need a case just 3 - 6 pks to bottle up one LBK. With 2 left for the turb bottle.

I know some that like Miller- so I hope they buy this and give me the bottles.
BL also has 16 pet bottles.

Around here I could go dumpster diving and find a mess of Bud bottles. :)

I really do not want to mess around with glass and capping.

I am already over the top with this, 4 kegs going and brewing a real lager in one.

Say what you want about Miller Lite!!!

When I bottle my beer I use 7 Mr. Beer PET bottles and 2 of the Miller Lite Bottles. These Miller Lite bottles are the first ones that go into the fridge. I put one in after a month try it a week later.Then put the second one in at the end of the second month then try a week later.

This way if its not ready you arent wasting a 32 ounces!

The Miller lite PETs work fine. I use some for all my batches. I normally fill a couple MB and Miller PETs for each batch to check the progress of carbonation, the rest go in 12oz glass bottles.

I also only re-use caps once. I've read that after 3-5 uses the seal seems to break down so I don't want to take any chances. You can buy the caps from MB or your LHBS. I do prefer the MB caps because the ring is easier to remove.

They work well. Like Marble Jones I use them as testers in conjuction with 6 or 7 1L PET bottles. the 16oz tester is not much of a waste if my beer is not ready. Coors makes a similar bottle too.