Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest System Admin

Non-alcoholic beverages (Like Malta Goya)

Guest System Admin

So thinking of trying this and using a 2.5 or 3 gallon Cornelius Keg or mini draft system and force carbonate

Anyone try this?

I was thinking for a Work holiday party to have N/A beer at work and I know several of my brews the Wort tasted really good even before fermented.

Just need to carb and not use yeast or will not be N/A

I think you can carbonate naturally and still be under the .5% threshold for NA. I can't say I would really enjoy a pint of any of my unfermented wort...although I know some people like malta goya. In these circles, I know more people who use it for starters than those who drink it but different strokes.

SenorPepe wrote:

I think you can carbonate naturally and still be under the .5% threshold for NA. I can't say I would really enjoy a pint of any of my unfermented wort...although I know some people like malta goya. In these circles, I know more people who use it for starters than those who drink it but different strokes.

You could, but if there is remaining residual sugar (you are making a sweet malt beverage for example) then you'd have to do it like rootbeer, and get it in the fridge to shut down the fermentation as soon as it's carbed.

Otherwise force carbing in a keg would be the easiest no-alcahol way.

Trollby wrote:

So thinking of trying this and using a 2.5 or 3 gallon Cornelius Keg or mini draft system and force carbonate

Anyone try this?

I was thinking for a Work holiday party to have N/A beer at work and I know several of my brews the Wort tasted really good even before fermented.

Just need to carb and not use yeast or will not be N/A

Are the little Malta bottles prycap?
maltagoya.jpg