Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
texasbrewer0069

Texas MUG get together

We are in a huge state ...and everythings bigger in Texas so someone here should figure out how to throw a big meeting that gets us free Mr Beer prizes...
I have organized big events in my past...used to work for Caughtinamosh Records in my younger days...but now I have to work :( full time at a real job ;)
So one of you Semi retired guys Organize it and I will gladly drive up to 4 Hours one way and bring beer to swap with as many as I can...

Good idea but man is texas huge. San Antonio sounds like a good spot. Has good family activities and such, plus its kinda in the middle....

There are only two things in Texas....

Steers & Great Beers!

Seriously, I stopped in Austin a few years back in a place and had a beer from the 500 Brew Company (or something like that), and they had some GREAT beers - I'll never forget their Pecan Porter. Probably the best micro beer I ever had.

Cheers!
:chug:

i am in Houston.
sounds kinda cool.

we should have several others in the big city area.
i will keep checking back.

my pipeline will be full, if it survives the holidays.
:)

Jester wrote:

new brewer from south texas

Hey man, I see you are from Rio Grande City. I live in Edinburg by UTPA. Been brewing for almost a year now and I would love to start a valley homebrew club.

come to Austin--we have 12 microbreweries here--and you could pick up a bunch of 6 packs to take back with you!!!

+1 in Austin. Brand new to brewing. Got the MB kit for Xmas and getting sucked in hard to the obsession. Got to be a lot more of us in the Austin area, right?

LaGrange makes a great center to meet from Austin, San Antonio and Houston. Actually, Austin makes a good center to include Dallas, and catch four big cities in one shot, but with a longer drive for each. (Except Austin, which makes me feel kinda selfish to even mention it).

BigRigRob wrote:

Hehehe,.... Justin, up behind Texas Motor speedway. :silly:

Thats cool, I live in Denton while at UNT, not too far from the race track.

So Texas is so big we get two threads? I hope this is the right one. I'm in Farmers Branch (just outside of Dallas on the north side). Put me on the map!

Guest System Admin

Anyone know of a good LHBS in the Plano area of North Dallas? I have a friend who's trying to get their retired dad started on the obsession, poor guy. She would like to bring him to a good LHBS to get the juices flowing. I'm in Austin and don't know my way around Dallas area at all. Thanks for any tips. :)

Joechianti wrote:

Anyone know of a good LHBS in the Plano area of North Dallas? I have a friend who's trying to get their retired dad started on the obsession, poor guy. She would like to bring him to a good LHBS to get the juices flowing. I'm in Austin and don't know my way around Dallas area at all. Thanks for any tips. :)

As a matter of fact one of the better Dallas brewstores is in that area.

Tell them to check out homebrew headquarters

homebrewhq.com

I'm a little to far away for it to be practical, but I've only heard good things.

Guest System Admin

Jerik,

Thanks for the tip. I sure will tell them.

Texas Dan wrote:

Yes, Homebrew Hgs is a great place. It is in Richardson on the east side of Coit Rd between Beltline Rd and Arapaho.

Here is their website:
http://www.homebrewhq.com/

And I'll be making a trip there in a few hours. Just around the corner from me. Great LHBS.

So I too am in Texas -- Dallas to be exact.

Rick

Hey (North) Texas Brewers, anybody thinking about going to the bluebonnet brew off?

El-Linko

I believe its march 23, 24. In Irving, so it be most convenient for the DFW area.

I've never been but its all about homebrew, so how could it not rock?

:chug:

One more Dallas-area guy here. Sounds like there are enough of us to pull off an event.