Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
trumpetman

Janesville WI or Elgin Il area

Anyone interested in the Janesville WI or Elgin Il area in getting together to taste each others Brews discuss things smoke cigars etc. A Mr Beer Official Club.
Trumpetman B)

Guest System Admin

I would think Janesville would be a pretty central location for "Southern" WI get together.

I know if we did have one in that area we would need to have either transportation or rooms for drinking members planned

Should I check a few hotels and see if they would supply a room to taste and discuss the forming of a Club? Getting a Block of rooms. Getting a block of rooms? There may be a problem with permits though as to No Alc License or if they have one they have to serve the beverage.

Guest System Admin

I was wondering about that, I know places have brew club meetings but not sure if they use a place that is a club member?

The homebrew club that I joined a couple months ago meets at a local bar/restaurant - they allow us to bring and share homebrews all we want. Trumpetman - you might want to check out Club Wort - not quite in Elgin, but pretty close by in Palatine, IL. Next club meeting is Tuesday, Nov. 8 if you want to stop by!

I could do Janesville, Delavan, Lake Geneva, points east. I don't know about an over-nighter though. Have dogs that need attending to. Weekends are up to SWMBO since she is out of town during the week most weeks and she'd usually rather be a homebody once here.

trumpetman wrote:

I think I will Join the Wort Club Thanks.
Trumpetman.

Cool! If you're planning to come to the meeting tomorrow, it's been moved to Flatlanders in Lincolnshire at 7:30 pm. PM me if you need directions.

Anyone like to come by my Place for a "tasting" Mr Beer tasting. Swap stories Smoke Cigars. Mr beer will not sponser an all area Mr Beer tasting and they are too busy anyway. I have a nice 4 season room and a big air cleaner for the cigar smoke. Hotels near by too. Take a Taxi. Dogs are welcome if they are friendly so are wives. Just a thought.
Trumpetman

Looking at my Schedule I am booked until every weekend until after new year.

The only free ones I have are "On-call" weekends and so can not be more than 60 min from madison and can not drink :(

The holidays are coming up too fast!

--- Edit ---

But I would love to try and schedule something after new year, I should have some Wiezenbock and Winter Dark Lager ready by then to bring

I will wait till the December meeting. Too long of a ride to Lincolnshire and all my brews are in Janesville right now.
Trumpetman

Guest System Admin

I do forensic on electronics for Law Enforcement.

A non-sworn employee, Cyber Cop

No.

Internet Crimes Against Children is the main duty, but I am a Court Expert for testifying in any criminal trials that electronics either were used or can prove guilt due to content on the devices.

--- Edit ---

I have worked with Janesville P.D. and Rock County on several cases

Originally we were divided into regions of Wisconsin, about 2 years ago they restructured and now we get weeks on-call not regions and you have to do work over entire state not just assigned areas.

South Central WI was my region back then