Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gods Country Brewer

N. Central Pa./ Southern Tier NY

Ok I live in the middle of nowhere and looking for brewers somewhat near.

1. North to Springville / Dansville, NY
2 West to Corning NY/ Mansfield Pa
3 South to DuBois / Lock Haven
4 West to Jamestown NY / Warren Pa

Finding fellow MrBeer brewers and having a beer swapping party would be great. Chime in if you are within.

I'm in those parts 3-4 times a year so a synchronicity meetup is possible for me here.

I'll know them before they happen, but I don't have one planned right now. I will PM you and/or BigPapaG if I know I'm heading out that way. Might not be until spring at this point unless I decide to head up to NY to ski this winter.

Holiday Valley? (no skiing at Cockaigne this year!)

If you come up, let me know, even if we can't arrange a MUG, we could do dinner at the Birdwalk or something...

I'm not far from Sinclairville, Ny just north of Jamestown.
BigPapaG wrote:

Holiday Valley? (no skiing at Cockaigne this year!)

Right BigPapaG cockaigne isn't going to open this year, We don't live far from there, My in-laws live about a mile from cockaigne.

I'm mostly a cross country skiier, both classic and skate, some backcountry too, but I like to go fast more then slog through deep snow. I skii'd over 1000km last winter. In spring/summer/fall I run, bikes, swim, but I don't do anything but ski in the winter unless the snow melts. I sometimes go to Holiday Valley and ski there, and do a little downhill to cool off, but I really like the Art Roscoe trails in Allegany State Park, which is probably where I'd end up, and stay in a motel somewhere.

http://alleganynordic.org/blog/

One day might end up living in your neck of the woods. We are fond of upstate NY. We've looked at various properties, just not found the right one yet.

EDIT: too bad I can't afford to buy Cockaigne...

Just thinking, how about a get-to-gether GTG at Southern tier brewery? Take the tour if you haven't done it, it's fun, or just do it again anyways. Sample some beers at their Empty Pint Pub and shoot the breeze and get to meet each other. I know it might be a long drive for some, just a thought.

I live in Angola and am willing to drive to springville, or ellicotville neither one is that far for me. If you guys are interested in getting together im all about it but it will be a while before I have any beer ready to trade.

I am on the road alot anyway and like to go to new places if you guys do end up meeting in elicottville I would like to tag along because I love the scenery there.