Mr.Beer Community
swenocha

Nashville/Middle TN area

I had, until now, missed this new category since my return to active posting this week. As I've suggested many times on this board, if anyone is in the Nashville area, there is always an open invite to have a meetup here.

Location suggestions would include any breweries in the area that have a restaurant or taproom. Here's the ones that spring to mind, but feel free to suggest another:

- Yazoo Brewery
- Cool Springs Brewery
- Blackstone Brewery
- Jackelope Brewery

- Czann's

- Black Abbey

- TN Brew Works

or a fine taproom (a few suggestions):

- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium (240+ different beers)
- Broadway Brewhouse (70+ taps)
- Hops and Crafts

- Craft Brewed

We could even work in a tour on a Saturday at Yazoo (or Blackstone, as they are touring their new facility starting in January).

swenocha wrote:

or a fine taproom (a few suggestions):

- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium (240+ different beers)

There's one of those here in Raleigh that I have been meaning to try.

Swen~

I'm in Northern virginia...HOWEVER...my son goes to college at UT in Knoxville. Every once-in-a-while, we take a trip down there. Any chance you could drive to Knoxville and we could exchange there. If we coordinate, I'll make sure I have my beers packed and we can do that.

Normally, if we do go, it would be on a 3-day weekend to enjoy time with our son. So I could arrange time to grab a burger and exchange some good beers.

In theory, yes. It would depend on the weekend, and what kiddo activities and work look like on that weekend. Otherwise, sure... Just post when you're coming this way and I will see what the sched looks like for that weekend.

I've been to the Beer Seller a few times, have not been to the Saucer in years. Almost done with my first Old Chicago beer tour in M'Boro. The only tour I've taken was at Abita in Louisiana. Best tour ever. As much as I could drink for free.

I tried to take a short trip to Abita last week and couldn't do it. I was looking for a designated driver. It's across the lake from my home but the Causeway (24 mile bridge over the lake) plus the 15 miles after it are too long for the ride back after a brewery tour.
My friends son in law is an assistant brewer there so we are hoping to get a private tour (and I'm supposed to get some free hops too!)

Its an awesome tour. The brew pub isn't bad either, some SOS and Andygator on tap was delicious. Wish I lived in the area sometimes, if only to try all the new beers they post about on Abita's Fbook.

Figured I'd bump the Nashville thread. Had a great time visiting with Kealia when he was in town a few months ago. Would be great to meet up here in Music City if anyone is in the area. I can promise a nice visit to the local breweries (could do a nice brewery tour... Yazoo, Jackelope, Blackstone, Big River, Fat Bottom, Boscos, etc. are all good... note that most are open Thurs-Sat), some beer talk, and some good music. Drop me a PM if you're ever around...

"swenocha" post=304106 said:

Figured I'd bump the Nashville thread. Had a great time visiting with Kealia when he was in town a few months ago. Would be great to meet up here in Music City if anyone is in the area. I can promise a nice visit to the local breweries (could do a nice brewery tour... Yazoo, Jackelope, Blackstone, Big River, Fat Bottom, Boscos, etc. are all good... note that most are open Thurs-Sat), some beer talk, and some good music. Drop me a PM if you're ever around...

I am in Franklin, TN. I am a fan of all the places you have mentioned so far. There is also Turtle Anarchy in Franklin, a taproom in the Marathon Motor Works building where Yazoo used to be and Corsair Artisan Distillery is currently located, Mayday in Murfreesboro, and Calfkiller in Sparta.

I'm in Franklin as well... Turtle Anarchy is pretty darn good, and a mile or two from my house, which is convenient. And... darn near within walking distance of a friend's house in Polk Place, if I ever had the need to walk instead of drive... ;)

Also, in February, Granite City, a brewery chain, will open in Cool Springs...

Had a great time meeting up with Franklin Brewer at Granite City today. It's always fun meeting people from the board. Thanks for coming out, FB, and thanks for the beers. I still feel bad that the waiter added my growler to your tab... I guess that means that I'll need to meet up with you again and return the favor.

Anyone else in the Mid-TN area that wants to meet up... just say the word.

"swenocha" post=340970 said:

Had a great time meeting up with Franklin Brewer at Granite City today. It's always fun meeting people from the board. Thanks for coming out, FB, and thanks for the beers. I still feel bad that the waiter added my growler to your tab... I guess that means that I'll need to meet up with you again and return the favor.

Anyone else in the Mid-TN area that wants to meet up... just say the word.

I enjoyed it as well. I am always up for a beer or two on the weekend.

Welcome, dfwddr...  If you're at Yazoo some Wednesday or Thursday, be sure to drop me a note (as I'm there on many Wednesdays or Thursdays).  On a side note, I hope Franklin Brewer comes back.  I lost his contact info, and I still owe him a beer or three...

Thanks for the welcome Swen... we'll have to meet up sometime. Do you know if there are any LHBS in the 'boro ? Or can you recommend any in Nashvegas ?

I have never been to any shops in the 'boro, and the people I know of out there make trips to Rebel a lot, so take that for what it's worth.  I have just recently seen this one...  Again, I know nothing about it, but here's the website:  Let's Make Wine TN.  They appear to be located just off the square.  There used to be one called Brewer's Corner, but I notice the website is no longer live, so I'm guessing it's gone.  

As for Nashville:

I generally use All Seasons...  Prices aren't bad and location is good for me.

Of course, Rebel Brewer is a well known web store, but you can go to their warehouse up in Goodletsville.

Craft Brewed has a nice little shop at the taproom/growler fill station.

Lil' Winemaker is up on Charlotte...  Generally higher priced and less selection, but he's a pretty nice guy and I've gotten a deal or two there.

You should look into the Mid-State Brew Crew.  Great club and no dues.  I would participate more with them if they were closer to me.  There isn't really a club in Franklin.

Nashville now has a new brewer! Me! HaHa just funning and enjoying learning to make my own home brew beer from Mr Beer. I have been so stuck in a rut with drinking only one commercial beer because I decided I liked it. Mr Beer has introduced me to the many options I have at a cost I can live with. Swenocha maybe one of these days I can take a tour but as many people work keeps me running all the time. However I do have some freedom in my job to leave for an hour or two and do work downtown Nashville.

Drink Up! I do love my beer!

Welcome aboard LastCall.... if you ever want an interesting tour, check out Mayday in Murfreesboro. A real hoot.

Swen~

I'm in Northern virginia...HOWEVER...my son goes to college at UT in Knoxville. Every once-in-a-while, we take a trip down there. Any chance you could drive to Knoxville and we could exchange there. If we coordinate, I'll make sure I have my beers packed and we can do that.

Normally, if we do go, it would be on a 3-day weekend to enjoy time with our son. So I could arrange time to grab a burger and exchange some good beers.

I'm in Blaine, just northeast of Knoxville... I work in East Knoxville, which is about a 17 mile drive... Maybe we should start a Knoxville topic...

Hello I'm Colin from Ashland City (kinda west of Nashville) and I got back into home brewing recently.  I would definitely be interested in meeting up and possibly going on tours of beer making facilities in the Middle Tennessee area.