Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zobl

Metro Detroit / SE Michigan

Wow. First time I ever saw this category.

Anyway, in our neck of the woods, we are blessed with many microbreweries just perfect for meeting up at.

Nearest to me are Kuhnhenn's and Dragonmead in Warren.

I've been wanting to take a drive up that way, I've heard of Dragonmead before Detroit is a good 4 hours away tho...

North West Oakland county here have a few around Enjoy my own brews so much I hardly ever leave

There's Cap'n Cork on 21 Mile and Garfield. Small but good shop.

There's Brewingworld in Warren. It's in the same parking lot as Kuhnhenn's (actually owned by Kuhnhenn's). The LHBS is not spectactular by any means. Now Kuhnhenn's, that's a different story! Recently just rated the 10th best brewery in the world. Awesome brews.

Only 2 LHBS I've been to locally (to me).

Thanks guys for the suggestions! Always interested in finding new places to spend my beer money! :)

I live in Livonia and The Wine Barrel Plus is right down the street from me on Plymouth Rd. They seem to have a lot but it's hard to get your head around it all since its kind of mixed in with the beer, wine & liquior they sell along with the "hydroponics supplies"! ;)

The other LHBS that I've been to is called Adventures in Home Brewing in Taylor on Vanborn just east of Telegraph. Now that place is very nice. The only thing they do is home brewing of beer and wine so they have huge selection of all kinds of brewing related stuff including Mr. Beer supplies. As soon as I walked in Tom came up and introduced himself, gave me a quick look around tour and was very helpful with my questions. I'm actually going back there this weekend to pick up a MB premium kit and maybe some other supplies. If anyone's interested in checking it out let me know and maybe we can meet up!

LouieMacGoo wrote:

Thanks guys for the suggestions! Always interested in finding new places to spend my beer money! :)

I live in Livonia and The Wine Barrel Plus is right down the street from me on Plymouth Rd. They seem to have a lot but it's hard to get your head around it all since its kind of mixed in with the beer, wine & liquior they sell along with the "hydroponics supplies"! ;)

The other LHBS that I've been to is called Adventures in Home Brewing in Taylor on Vanborn just east of Telegraph. Now that place is very nice. The only thing they do is home brewing of beer and wine so they have huge selection of all kinds of brewing related stuff including Mr. Beer supplies. As soon as I walked in Tom came up and introduced himself, gave me a quick look around tour and was very helpful with my questions. I'm actually going back there this weekend to pick up a MB premium kit and maybe some other supplies. If anyone's interested in checking it out let me know and maybe we can meet up!

I am going to stop in and check them out on Tuesday, I live in Lapeer and will be traveling through that area then. From their website it looks very nice.

rattlesnake wrote:

LouieMacGoo wrote:

I am going to stop in and check them out on Tuesday, I live in Lapeer and will be traveling through that area then. From their website it looks very nice.

Say hi to Tom and let us know what you think after your visit!

Great store and very friendly. They have everything you could possibly need. I was impressed that they did not try to selling me anything I did not want or didn't need. Also told him we were talking about his store on here and got a smile out of him.

rattlesnake wrote:

Great store and very friendly. They have everything you could possibly need. I was impressed that they did not try to selling me anything I did not want or didn't need. Also told him we were talking about his store on here and got a smile out of him.

As I had mentioned I was going to do I did make it to the store on Saturday and ended up spending a good bit of $$$. :) Since I have a LBK opening up this weekend I think I need to make another trip this coming weekend.

Did you buy anything?

LouieMacGoo wrote:

rattlesnake wrote:

As I had mentioned I was going to do I did make it to the store on Saturday and ended up spending a good bit of $$$. :) Since I have a LBK opening up this weekend I think I need to make another trip this coming weekend.

Did you buy anything?

Yeah I picked up a capper and some caps as I want to do glass when my first batch is done.

Like the spinners going have to make some up water to thin plow and too thick to rink firght so maybe I'll just make beer!!

haerbob3 wrote:

Like the spinners going have to make some up water to thin plow and too thick to rink firght so maybe I'll just make beer!!

:huh:

Zobl wrote:

haerbob3 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! I read that at least 3 time and it still didn't make sense! :blink:

Haerbob3 could translate this please? :)

LouieMacGoo wrote:

Zobl wrote:

haerbob3 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! I read that at least 3 time and it still didn't make sense! :blink:

I thought I was the only one confused...

rattlesnake wrote:

LouieMacGoo wrote:

Zobl wrote:

haerbob3 wrote:

I thought I was the only one confused...

Let's form a club!
The "haerbob3's effin' with us" club!
He can be the president.
And by us beer!
At Kuhnhenn's!!!! :woohoo:

Erster Punkt der Tagesordnung ist, wenn ich der Präsident aller tun Sie werden den Kauf bin!

First order of business is if I am the president You all are doing the buying!!

Ich mag die Spinner, damit ich gehen zu müssen, machen mich einige bis das Wasser ist zu dick, um Fisch zu dünn und zu pflügen

I like the spinners so I am going to have to make some up the water is too thick to fish and to thin to plow

I told I make a good strong brew!

haerbob3 wrote:

Erster Punkt der Tagesordnung ist, wenn ich der Präsident aller tun Sie werden den Kauf bin!

First order of business is if I am the president You all are doing the buying!!

Ich mag die Spinner, damit ich gehen zu müssen, machen mich einige bis das Wasser ist zu dick, um Fisch zu dünn und zu pflügen

I like the spinners so I am going to have to make some up the water is too thick to fish and to thin to plow

I told I make a good strong brew!

OK. OK.
I have no problem with you being president.
But if we aren't going to sprechin sie English, I ain't buying more than 2 or 3 rounds.
Dammit.

Sounds good to me after 2 or 3 rounds my German starts to sound like English

So Zobl where are you hailing from?

haerbob3 wrote:

Sounds good to me after 2 or 3 rounds my German starts to sound like English

So Zobl where are you hailing from?

Roseville, MI

Tend to hang out at Dragonmead and Kuhnhenn's in Warren, MI.

haerbob3 wrote:

Not far from my old stomping grounds originally form Clinton Twp

Homeboyz!

Zobl wrote:

haerbob3 wrote:

Not far from my old stomping grounds originally form Clinton Twp

Homeboyz!

Go Lions!!!

Hey Michigan Borg,

I am traveling to Detroit for a conference next week. I will be staying near the Cobo Center.

Do any of you have any pub/micro brewery recommendations that are in a 2 mile radius or cheap cab fare radius of the Cobo Center? As you might have guessed, I won't have a car while there. Thanks.

John

Edit: Just found the Detroit Beer Co. Walking distance. There are 2 others that are cab distance. I'm looking forward to it. Plus maybe going to Windsor ONT.

The Detroit Beer Co. Is one of my favorites! Good Beer and good food too! I was just there on Sunday for Fathers day! It's right by Comerica Park. You can either walk or take the people mover to get there. Another that is good is The Atwater Brewery. Its less then 2 miles from Cobo Center, straight up Jefferson. I really like their Dirty Blonde Ale. There are also some great places to eat in Greek town like The Pegasus! I highly recommend it!

Let me know if you might be interested in meeting up while your in town!

LouieMacGoo - Great! Thanks for the advice. I'm glad to know that you personally endorse the Detroit Beer Co. I saw the Atwater listed on google so I will definitely plan on that too.

Also, thanks for the offer to hook up. That sounds great. Let me know what works for you. I know I have a dinner on Tuesday, but otherwise I'm good. I will be there M-Th next week. Wish I could bring some of my home brews up for you to try. Don't think they allow on the plane. Maybe in my checked bag... :whistle:

John

"LouieMacGoo" post=269722 said:

The Detroit Beer Co. Is one of my favorites! Good Beer and good food too! I was just there on Sunday for Fathers day! It's right by Comerica Park. You can either walk or take the people mover to get there. Another that is good is The Atwater Brewery. Its less then 2 miles from Cobo Center, straight up Jefferson. I really like their Dirty Blonde Ale. There are also some great places to eat in Greek town like The Pegasus! I highly recommend it!

Let me know if you might be interested in meeting up while your in town!

Yes, I'm replying to my own post...

Met up with LouieMacGoo last night in the Big D. We met at the Detroit Beer Company. Great micro brews there.

LouieMacGoo also brought two of his brews for me to sample. One was this awesome chocolate stout, the other was awesome too, but I can't recall what it was...

We had a great time chatting about our home brew experiences, before we were thrown out of the bar for sampling "outside" brews. So, how many on the board can claim that they were not only thrown out of a bar, but a Detroit bar? :ohmy:

"hilkertj" post=271319 said:

Yes, I'm replying to my own post...

Met up with LouieMacGoo last night in the Big D. We met at the Detroit Beer Company. Great micro brews there.

LouieMacGoo also brought two of his brews for me to sample. One was this awesome chocolate stout, the other was awesome too, but I can't recall what it was...

We had a great time chatting about our home brew experiences, before we were thrown out of the bar for sampling "outside" brews. So, how many on the board can claim that they were not only thrown out of a bar, but a Detroit bar? :ohmy:

I had a great time too! I was fun meeting up with someone who started at the same time I did because our wives gave us Mr Beer kits for Christmas.

The brews were my Eyeopener Sumatra Stout and the American Blonde with Amber DME and Cascade hops. Glad you liked them. Let me know if you ever make it up this way again!

:cheers:

I would like to meet up soon with some fellow members. I have familiar with Dragonmead, Kuhnhenn, Greta Baraboo and several other breweries. We are very lucky in Michigan to have so much great beer.

"mrgoblueguy" post=271423 said:

I would like to meet up soon with some fellow members. I have familiar with Dragonmead, Kuhnhenn, Greta Baraboo and several other breweries. We are very lucky in Michigan to have so much great beer.

I agree, we are lucky to have so many good brew pubs in the area. I would love to meet up with some local brewers but I'm going to be tied up and busy pretty much through the month of July but may be we could arrange something for August?

:chug:

Southfield here. I stop by Adventures in Homebrewing in Ann Arbor on my way home from work. Haven't made it to Kuehenn's yet, hoping to after the wedding.

Zobl- have you given up on the Lions yet? We have a big game this Monday. If we win this I will be hopeful that they can recover.

No. I have been a fan through worse seasons than this!
And this is after they lost Monday night.
Don't get me wrong...they really torqued my shorts with that loss.
What happened to this offense?

good luck with that dude!!! and congrats on getting there. sweeps the damm yanks in 4. :banana: very nice very nice :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers:

"Zobl" post=292140 said:

Hey, we've got a World Series to concentrate on!

Ever notice how we aren't lucky to have two teams have a good year at the same time?

Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Redwings... Only 1 team a killer season every year, and it rotates lol

Guest System Admin

"relim82" post=292145 said:

"Zobl" post=292140 said:

Ever notice how we aren't lucky to have two teams have a good year at the same time?

Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Redwings... Only 1 team a killer season every year, and it rotates lol

Wolverines...

"RickBeer" post=292220 said:

"relim82" post=292145 said:

"Zobl" post=292140 said:

Wolverines...

Red Dawn? ;)

Guest System Admin

"Zobl" post=292382 said:

"RickBeer" post=292220 said:

Wolverines...

Red Dawn? ;)

Good movie! Wonder if the remake will be any good? Due out just before Thanksgiving.

that looks cool. some times when they make a remake of an old movie it turns out shitty but that looks good

Guest System Admin

We'll see. It is releasing two years after it was supposed to, and they changed the invaders from Chinese to North Korean after they filmed it...

It was filmed here in Michigan back when someone thought it made good financial sense to give people a profit before they even released a movie.

"RickBeer" post=292396 said:

We'll see. It is releasing two years after it was supposed to, and they changed the invaders from Chinese to North Korean after they filmed it...

It was filmed here in Michigan back when someone thought it made good financial sense to give people a profit before they even released a movie.

And then the movie company went bankrupt!

What are the odds of a company going bankrupt in Michigan? Thankfully the pace of that seems to be slowing down some. Sure hope none of our fabulous LHBSs go out anytime soon.

sorry Zobl, the darn tigers could not hold the giants back :(

i am exceedingly happy that the dam Yankees were not in the series. maybe next year for the Tigers huh?

"Brian1179" post=293176 said:

sorry Zobl, the darn tigers could not hold the giants back :(

i am exceedingly happy that the dam Yankees were not in the series. maybe next year for the Tigers huh?

Yeah.
Better part of 4 games with NO offense. And against good pitching, that just ain't gonna cut it.

Guest System Admin

It was like watching a totally different team. Now with Shortman screwing up hockey season......I'm pissed.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/262746867189686/

Yes, it sucks not to have Facebook sometimes.

Ashley's in Westland is hosting a Belgium Beer festival 2/7->2/17. On 2/10 they are getting homebrewers and the Troubadour brewers together for a "cultural exchange." Limited to 30 people and as of now there are 15 spots left. Unfortunately, I do not think I will have anything worthy to bring at that time.

I help host the open mic night at the Black Lotus Brewery on Monday nights, along with playing percussion. If any of you are musically inclined, you know where to find me!

Off to Ashley's to mee the Belgium brewers and other homebrewers. Need to get there before the Belgium beer and waffle brunch is over. Beer and chocolate pairings later on. Life is certainly good toay!

For those who may be in the Dearborn area, Bailey's has great Tuesday draft specials. All drafts are $2. Right now they have Hopslam and Founder's Breakfast Stout on tap for a piddly two bucks. Cant beat that, and over 40 something to chose from. I find it a hoot that it seems the majority of the people taking advantage of the "specials" are throwing back a Bud.

Yup, my Tuesdays are booked for awhile now....

I can thanks to the spin from mass media most Americans no longer know what beer is. As we know Bud is not. I love some of the noobs what to know how to brew Bud, Coors, Millers or Corona (pre-skunked for your displeasure)

What do you think of Hopslam?? I used to like it now it is way to sweet for me. Tastes like sugar water with some hops dumped in it. Funny how one's tastes change.

--BobH

Hey guys,

New to the scene and started my 1st homebrew batch around xmas and new years. Very exciting to start this new growing awesome hobby/lifestyle. Im now going to be starting my 4th batch tomorrow and things are going swell.

I currently live in the Berkley and Royal Oak area and would really like to get local guys around me to do meetings maybe once a month and basically like a networking thing or sharing ideas, hints, tips and basically make each other better brewers and you never know where it'll take us!

haerbob3....i'm a big fan of Hopslam and the funny thing about is that im not a fan of IPAs and heavier beers. But all i can say is that beer is different, if you know what i mean?

Thanks for starting this page guys and let me know anyone near me and if not ill start up a page for guys locally closer. Hope all is well and Brew on!! :chug:

sounds interesting unfortunately when I go back to work next month free time basically goes out the window and Royal Oak is a bit of a drive.

Man i cant wait for tigers season!! This is the year boys!! I huge detroiter. Ordered a cabrera triple crown bat after he got it. Pretty sweet

yeah i am getting a decent little collection going. Some game used baseballs. A Miggy autograph bat, Polanco auto jersey. And a pudge game used bat. That my other hobby.

"haerbob3" post=336197 said:

What do you think of Hopslam?? I used to like it now it is way to sweet for me. Tastes like sugar water with some hops dumped in it. Funny how one's tastes change.

--BobH

I do like it and have been "watching" it change as it ages - not that I am going to let it get too old. Havent tried it on tap yet - was too peaked out with the Final Absolution et. al. Nice thing about those cheap, high gravity beers is I tend not to spend a whole lot on Tuesday.

"DetroitBrew" post=336312 said:

I currently live in the Berkley and Royal Oak area and would really like to get local guys around me to do meetings maybe once a month and basically like a networking thing or sharing ideas, hints, tips and basically make each other better brewers and you never know where it'll take us!

Sounds like a potential plan down the road. SWMBO has started remodelling (ie supervising me) so am pretty booked up for awhile. Im lucky if she lets me brew a big batch once a month these days. Thats one nice thing about the LBK - I can sneak in a batch on her late nights, clean up, and have everything put away before she gets home. She hasnt quite noticed that the pipeline isnt really dwindling like it should, and must be wondering what is in that LBK that has been fermenting for several months now.

I'm just curious if you fellow Michiganders have done any clone versions of MI beers. I did Austin Homebrew's version of the two-hearted and it was awesome. I tried two different Oberon clones twice, and they both sucked. Maybe I just don't like Oberon anymore, but 10 years ago it was awesome. Founders is great, but I can buy their beer on the east coast, and it's not that expensive. The Imperial Stout is awesome.

Also, the last time I went to MI during Thanksgiving, I stopped by Sicilliano's in GR, and was quite impressed with their ingredient section. They had some nice home grown hops, and you could fill up grains, DME by weight. There's gotta be some good homebrew stores in Ann Arbor, and the Detroit area as well?

Go Lions! F--k Tit-us!

Since I can get MI beer at a reasonable price for free with purchase of the bottles, I tend to clone those things that are either impossible to get here or expensive. One of my first 5-ers was an Oberon clone with some picky yeast so basically ended up with dumped beer and a bottle bomb. I was trying to make the Oberon how it use to be. Will probably try it again. Also have done 2-Hearted which came out tasty.

Right now I have conditioning my first attempt at Founders All Day IPA. The main reason I am trying to clone that is cost as SWMBO likes that. Would have no problem buying it, but in my book a low gravity beer should cost a little bit less than its high gravity brothers and sisters. And being low gravity it tends to go fast.

"Da Yooper" post=337540 said:

Since I can get MI beer at a reasonable price for free with purchase of the bottles, I tend to clone those things that are either impossible to get here or expensive. One of my first 5-ers was an Oberon clone with some picky yeast so basically ended up with dumped beer and a bottle bomb. I was trying to make the Oberon how it use to be. Will probably try it again. Also have done 2-Hearted which came out tasty.

Right now I have conditioning my first attempt at Founders All Day IPA. The main reason I am trying to clone that is cost as SWMBO likes that. Would have no problem buying it, but in my book a low gravity beer should cost a little bit less than its high gravity brothers and sisters. And being low gravity it tends to go fast.

I hope that's not a Packers jacket that you're wearing!

Maybe I just don't like Oberon anymore, but 10 years ago it was awesome.

I really didn't like this year's Oberon at all. It was almost sour.

I remember a bunch of years back, there was a bar I hung out at that had an entire case of it where all the labels were upside down. It was actually quite funny.

"daustin627" post=338761 said:

Maybe I just don't like Oberon anymore, but 10 years ago it was awesome.

I really didn't like this year's Oberon at all. It was almost sour.

I remember a bunch of years back, there was a bar I hung out at that had an entire case of it where all the labels were upside down. It was actually quite funny.

I totally agree. When I was in college many years ago, we used to drink Oberon all night. Now I can't even stand it. I think that Bell's has gone down in quality over the last 5 years. I'll take founders any day over Bells.

Would like to organize a beer mixer in southeast michigan. My buddy does a beer mixer up north with his buddies, but its not homebrew. I want to organize a beer mixer with local homebrewers and make it an annual event. I live in the berkley area and would like to get people together from anywhere but will take place near me.

Its pretty simple, bring at least a case of your favorite homebrew or whatever case you want to trade and brag about. Trade a beer for a beer. By the end of the night you'll have at least 24 different homebrews in your case. The point of this is to get people together to share stories, good times and best of all share beer that you've created.

Let me know if you're from the michigan area and would be interested in something like this. Want to get feedback and if it turns out positive i'll start the planning for it this summer. Thanks guys and hope people like my idea.

Brew on!!!!!

I'm confused. Is Jailer8 and DetroitBrew the same person - or just identical posts...?

no problem, the idea of sharing home brews, good food, sun, fresh air, and good stories is very appealing to me.

It sounds great. Unfortunately, with it being held on a weekend I can not attend. :(:(:(

Guest System Admin

MICHIGAN to the Elite 8.

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

I posted somewhere in the thread about brackets that KU didn't have what it took to make the Final 4 this year........and I was right.

I live in Overland Park, KS....a veritable stronghold of KU animosity. It's going to be SOOOO fun to walk into work on Monday and see all of those people who stopped by my office this week and diss'ed my Michigan signs.

"Wings_Fan_In_KC" post=356523 said:

MICHIGAN to the Elite 8.

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

I posted somewhere in the thread about brackets that KU didn't have what it took to make the Final 4 this year........and I was right.

I live in Overland Park, KS....a veritable stronghold of KU animosity. It's going to be SOOOO fun to walk into work on Monday and see all of those people who stopped by my office this week and diss'ed my Michigan signs.

:banana:
And what a game it was!

Go Blue!!!!

I had them beating Kansas in my bracket but unfortunately had them loosing in the elite 8. Sorry McGary and Burke. You guys proved me wrong and now bring home a championship boys!!!!

Prayers go out to Kevin Ware, poor kid.

I had Michigan up until the final four, but it appears all my brackets are now broken. Or I should say SWMBOs. Right now she is #1 in the Bailey's Dearborn Bracketball competition and #42 nationwide. And to think she picked FSU over FGCU because when she goes to Florida she likes the Atlantic side better than the Gulf side, and Marquette (knowing it is not in Michigan) because she liked Pictured Rocks so much bless her heart. Got a whole lotta points on some heavy odds using that method. She is looking forward to going to the bar Tuesday to tells some of the top 5's "you are getting beat by a girl!!!" :banana:

Anyone planning on going to the Ypsi Michigan Summer Beer Festival? Tickets went on sale yesterday so I snagged mine right away. Last year I think I walked away with more tokens than I started out with due to the generosity of all the brewmasters.

"Da Yooper" post=368292 said:

Anyone planning on going to the Ypsi Michigan Summer Beer Festival? Tickets went on sale yesterday so I snagged mine right away. Last year I think I walked away with more tokens than I started out with due to the generosity of all the brewmasters.

I wish.
Will have to miss it while I'm still on the mend.
Doctors' not ready to okay me for drinking beer yet. :(
But that festival sounds great. I have never been to it. Huge crowds are the only negative I can see.

I haven't decided. While these things look interesting, dropping $76 ($35 x 2 + $3 service charge x 2) I find a bit much.

I do plan on making it to AHB tomorrow for the event, hopefully it won't be so crazy that I can't buy the ingredients I need also.

I won some items from my LHBS and thought I would offer them for sale to the local SE Michigan Borg members in addition to listing them on Craigslist - these are items I have no use for at this time.

(2) 1/2" Type D Cam Lock Couplers - $7.99 ea at LHBS
(2) 1/2" Type F adapters - $5.99 ea at LHBS
(1) Cascade Beer Candi Company Chipotle Chili Pepper - $13.99
(1) 10 pounds of Crosby and Baker Rahr Premium Pilsner - (not sold in this quantity, $1.50 - $1.90 per pound based on grain prices) - $15.00

Total retail value - $56.95

Offered to Borg members, all or nothing, for $35, meet in the A2 area. Just the couplers/adapters - $22. Just the grain - $12.00. Just the syrup, $10.

If ship, actual shipping cost, but the ten pound bag is heavy (ten pounds...).

EDIT- No that I got any response, but these are all sold.

"haerbob3" post=379127 said:

Is anyone going to the beerfest at Pine Knob?

Pine Knob? Someone is showing their age. Dang, SWMBO and I are throwing a surprise 70th for her Dad and his SWMBO that day.

But, am thinking about doing this depending on how late the party goes and if tix are still available:

http://www.realdetroitweekly.com/detroit/on-tap/Content?oid=1580441

I am hoping to. Unfortunately it is looking doubtful. The catering manager went and book another party for this weekend. One of these days I will learn that I can not plans for anything in the summer

[attachment=13777]baby-graphics-crying-002093_2013-06-11.gif[/attachment][attachment=13777]baby-graphics-crying-002093_2013-06-11.gif[/attachment][attachment=13777]baby-graphics-crying-002093_2013-06-11.gif[/attachment]

So, are any of the Borg going to the Michigan Beer Festival in Ypsi this weekend?

It is lucky to have good friends as one in Depot Town offered to "reserve" a spot in front of his house for us as well as the use of his upstairs apartment should I end up with more tokens than I started out with which usually happens to me at these events. Seems for every one I "spend" I end up getting two back.

So if anyone is going stop by and say hi. I will be the one holding a beer.

Nope. Close by, but the cost of these things to me just isn't worth it.

Selling all of my equipment and recipes

Going through a crappy divorce right now and unfortunately have to postpone what I love doing most, brewing homebrew.  Im living in a smaller apartment and don't have the greatest place to brew, so I want to sell all of y equipment and recipes that would really benefit someone else.  Ill have to look but I believe its about 15 recipes, hops, yeast and everything you need.  I also have four brown jugs to sell also.  If interested in any of it, please contact me.  I will then give you an exact number of what I have and detailed list of recipes.  Thanks and hope I have some success with this.  I live in the Keego harbor area but willing to meet someone.  Thanks again

Zobl said:

Nearest to me are Kuhnhenn's and Dragonmead in Warren.

A band that I play with plays at Kuhnhenn's solstice parties during the winter and summer. Have you ever seen Reggie Smith and the Afterparty play there? You've probably seen me then.