Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
stealthyelf

new here

Got my first mr. beer kit for christmas already have it brewing west coast pale ale..just wondering how it is and any suggestions on good ales?

First of all, Welcome to the MB family!

Well, we always have suggestions ;)

Read the stickies at the top of the New Brewers catergory.
Don't go off the reservation or turn into a Mad Scientist too soon.
Buy a hydrometer.
Sanitize "everything"
Don't peek.
Ferment 2 weeks, Carb 2 weeks, Contition 2 weeks, 3 days in fridge (these are minimums)

Patience turns good beer into GREAT beer!

Again, welcome!

Hello and welcome to the board. The standard WCPA is a good starting brew, try to keep your temps on the lower side of the recommendations, give it atleast 2 weeks in the fermenter and after you bottle try to go a min. of 4 weeks in the bottle conditioning at room temp. All the MB refills with their supplied yeast (we call it fromunda) is a ale yeast. Good luck on your first brew and have fun brewing. Oh and read up on This
:chug:

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center stealthyelf. You will be assimilated. Resistance is quite Futile: WE have Beer.

Welcome. You will get some great advice here as well as the friendship of a great bunch of guys ( and a few gals).

LOTS of information here...I started a year ago, and have slowly branched out into my own recipes(still extracts) with hop boils and the like...my advice, humble as it may be, stick with the EXACT Mr.beer recipes for your first couple attempts before you start branchin out...be patient, dont perv your keg...and start a bottle collection. I prefer 22 oz because it cuts down on bottling, and i get to try crazy brews that i never would have thought about trying...very little commitment with a 22. anyway, enjoy the obsession, and welcome!

docpd wrote:

Welcome. You will get some great advice here as well as the friendship of a great bunch of guys ( and a few gals).

Are you the guy that made the "hydrometer" video ? It was VERY informative ! :stout: