Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
stealthyelf

so i checked the lbk

so I checked the lbk this morning just for the hell of it or because I'm just anxiously waiting to try the beer I have noticed that the beer is not cloudy anymore and I started that brew on the 26th of Dec should I leave it for another week or take a try reading of it tomorrow

Back off Perv! That's still "Fetus" status! Gadzooks Man! give it at least 14 days before you start poking around with it.

stealthyelf wrote:

so I checked the lbk this morning just for the hell of it or because I'm just anxiously waiting to try the beer I have noticed that the beer is not cloudy anymore and I started that brew on the 26th of Dec should I leave it for another week or take a try reading of it tomorrow

If it were me, I would let it ferment for a minimum of 2 weeks, preferably 3 weeks. It most likely will reach FG before then, but the yeast also performs clean-up duties once final gravity is achieved. Your beer, your call.

I had the same questions...but...no FRIEGIN patience. I bottled up about and hour ago and starting my second batch today. So guys, with only 7 days in the LBK, what can I expect?

Also, I love wheat beers, that's what I'm doing next..any tips, besides be patient...which I promise I will be this second time around..

how much sugar did you use? if you used the recommended amounts in the mr beer instructions, i would expect one or more bottle bombs. :(

Chazming wrote:

....So guys, with only 7 days in the LBK, what can I expect?

If it was a standard recipe (1 can HME + Booster), and your temps weren't too low, then you are most likely okay. But it's best to go a minimum of two weeks, especially if you don't have a hydrometer. I prefer 3 weeks, which gives the yeast some time to clean up the party mess.

BTW; Welcome to the forum!!!!!

packerduf wrote:
If it were me, I would let it ferment for a minimum of 2 weeks, preferably 3 weeks. It most likely will reach FG before then, but the yeast also performs clean-up duties once final gravity is achieved. Your beer, your call.

I agree. 14 days is fine, but I've gotten in the habit of an 18-21 day fermentaton to ensure everything is cool.

If you started on 12/26...I'd hold off until about 01/14 (give or take a day).

First time out, so I used on pack booster and one HME...nothing fancy. Bottle BOMBS? Hope this isn't my first and last try. I know they won't kill me (the bottle bombs), but...my wife might.

Thanks!

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center Chazming. You will be assimilated. Resistance is quite futile: we have beer.

You might want to pop those new brewz in a larg plastic containers. That way if one or more blows...it's easier to clean up.

yeah, that's the ticket... that bomb shelter in the previous post. Perfect. :P

stealthyelf wrote:

could just use any reg. cooler right if you already have one

yep that works too.

Well the Bomb shelter wasn't needed, and I am still married. BUT the bonus is the beer ain't to bad...think I am gonna enjoy this new hobbie allot.

Thanks for the help.