Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
jcoiv70

Another New Brewer

Like many before me I received my Mr. Beer for Christmas from my wife. I have the HME's in my kit, the Cowboy Golden Lager and the American Blonde Ale. I am planning on brewing one of these soon, just haven't decided which one yet. I had a few questions about sanitation and cleaning. Seeing as the bottles and LBK came in a box and have some "dust" on them, should I clean then sanitize, or just sanitize with the one step cleaner. Also should the pot theat I am making the wort in be sanitized? Finally any recomendations on what I should be brewing next after these two are done? Stay with the standard refills or move on to some of the recipes?

Welcome.

I'd give everything a good rinse and then sanitize per instructions. The pot will not need to be sanitized, as you will be boiling water in it, but I would make sure it is clean. As for what recipes next... that would depend on your favorite style. What are your preferences? There likely will be a refill or recipe that will fit your need.

Welcome

I too was like you at the begining of this week I gave the LBK a quick rinse to get the dust off the top and the sides as well as the inside too and then I sanatized everything like the instructions said. And the brewing part is your own taste and again welcome

Happy Brewing

Welcome to the MB family!

Just a recommendation. Read the stidcky at the top of this forum. There is lots of information that will help you avoid the pitfalls that some of us may have fallen into.

Brew whatever your style is or be adventurous and try something new. That is the beauty of the MB small batches. I would however, stay to the recipe without trying to experiment, at least until you have several as is recipes done. This will give you a better feel for the process and your tastes.

Enjoy your new gift!

Good advice already above, so I'll just say, Welcome to the obsession!

Keep reading, brewing and asking questions. I've always found an answer to my questions on this forum. Great group of people on here.

Cheers!

:chug:

Hello and welcome to the board. Rinse everything good and sanitize as per MB directions, follow the directions and you will make beer. BUT let it ferment longer and a little cooler then what they say.
Good Luck and Happy Brewing :chug:

cowboy was my 2nd batch , and i added 1/2 booster & 1/2 honey , dry , crisp , great , and i made this kick ass beer,,,,, welcome and enjoy !!!!!!!

Guest System Admin

Welcome Aboard!

I would hit Wally-world or the store in your area that sells Oxy-clean free (green lid)

You will need it anyways, best to get it now and clean the keg and spigot.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center jcoiv70. you will be assimilated. resistance is Quite Futile: we have beer.