Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
nowaydude

Anyone in the "Greater Chicago Area"

New brewer here - looking to see if there are any home brewers on here from Chicago/Northwest Indiana...

May be cool to swap some home brews... :hammer:

Very nice... Chesterton here. I got to South Bend from time to time... Mostly Mishawaka when the wifey wants to shop.

Ahh your about an hour away, I'm about 2 miles from the UP Mall there in Mishawaka. If your ever down this way let me know we could trade some brew I'll do the same if I'm going your way. any home brew shops around you there ?

There is one in DeMotte, IN called the Red Barn. There is also a shop in Hammond called Brew and Blooms.

I am going to check out a place this week called Mid Country Malt shop. Heading out now to buy LBK #2 at BBB in Valpo.

Check this place in South Holland (right across IN/IL border)...

http://countrymaltgroup.com

Southwest burbs here. Just got my Mr. Beer kit, getting ready to brew first batch this weekend, I hope!

B)

I know this is an old thread but I am from NWI, Lowell right now. I am on my 3rd Mr Beer brew right now. I have WCPA in the fermenter right now and a Strawberry blond in bottles, bottled this weekend. I am concidering upgrading to the Midwest supplies 5 gallon kits but we will see.

"radonc73" post=293469 said:

I know this is an old thread but I am from NWI, Lowell right now. I am on my 3rd Mr Beer brew right now. I have WCPA in the fermenter right now and a Strawberry blond in bottles, bottled this weekend. I am concidering upgrading to the Midwest supplies 5 gallon kits but we will see.

Your so close to three floyds! Lucky :P

If your enjoying the Hobby by all means go for the upgrade, Just be aware that upgrading can become addictive. ;)

"nowaydude" post=214233 said:

There is one in DeMotte, IN called the Red Barn. There is also a shop in Hammond called Brew and Blooms.

I am going to check out a place this week called Mid Country Malt shop. Heading out now to buy LBK #2 at BBB in Valpo.

Check this place in South Holland (right across IN/IL border)...

http://countrymaltgroup.com

I just got back from Brew and Blooms. Nice little place. They had just about anything I could use as a newer brewer in 1 islethey seem to have most of the place dedicated to blooms The guy at the counter was pretty friendly and says he is a masterbrewer. It is real easy to find just take 80/94 and get off on 41 North make sure it is North b/c for some reason 41 South is the next exit down further into IN.

@OikoEco I'm from Glen Ellyn! ... but live next door to Evanston now. Have a friend in who brews in Addison, and i believe another guy just started selling his own stuff in the area (maybe Lombard or Lisle), a Flesk Brewery, makes "Front Towards Enemy" IPA.

I'm in the Downers Grove, IL, I've made about 7 Mr. Beer batches

West Coast Pale
Winter Dark
Voodo Magic
Cerveza de Cinco de Mayo
Potus Honey Porter - Conditioning
Girls Boysenberry - Conditioning
White IPA - Fermenting