Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
mmmmBeeeer

Head...

Still waiting for that first brew. I was wondering if I could put a little less priming sugar then suggested to lessen the head just a bit. As I have looked at a lot of MB pictures and videos I have noticed that they usually have a large head when poured. I don't really like that much carbonation in my brews.

Also, could sombody repost the link to the priming sugar calculator for me please I forgot to bookmark it when I found it.

Thanks

The head is letting the beer breath.

You can also pour with tipped glass and slower to make a smaller head. (chilled glass too, but I prefer my glass room temp)

I like the head and let it rest a few before start drinking it helps so you get the aroma and the full experience the beer offers

Trollby wrote:

You can also pour with tipped glass and slower to make a smaller head. (chilled glass too, but I prefer my glass room temp)

the classic pour to reduce head ;)

FYI - carbonation level and head are not always related. Head retention is a result of proteins and other goodies in the beer, while carbonation is a simple result of the amount of priming sugar (or CO2) used.

I've had great beers with low carb and a nice full head, and highly carbed beers with no head to speak of.