Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
1stRoundDraughtPick

Local LHBS!

I thought I was gonna have to order any and all of my brewing supplies on-line, being that I live NW Wisconsin (middle of no-where). But, to my suprise, I found out I have a supply store 2 miles from my house! I figured I would have to drive an hour to find anything like that. I plan to stop in this week to check it out, and hopefully get some goodies. :woohoo:

Guest System Admin

Northern WI, I am up that way about every 6 weeks

What parts? (Washburn Co, Burnett, Polk, Pierce, etc?)

I always tell people look around on Google and see, many times you be surprised what is close by

Guest System Admin

That sounds like a win for you.

I will be stuck in Barron county for 2 weeks late February-March for a Homicide trial, wife not happy about that. Likes me home at night but to far to drive daily to Madison.

And when you're in the area if your looking for some good eats, I know of a place that makes THE best burgers in this part of the state. (I also happen to tend & cook there) We have a few good beers too!

I went into the only shop in my area a few weeks ago and it was small and very overstocked (for Christmas) The owner was a dude in his mid thirties, originally from Milwaukee (I'm in New Orleans) and grew up around homebrewers (go figure :) )
I mentioned that I use to do the large batches long ago and tired of it but got into Mr. Beer because it was easier and made smaller batches between the times I wanted to make larger ones. I expected him to laugh but he just said that if you use the right ingredients, you'll find you can make very good beer. He asked me to let him put together a recipe for any beer I wanted and see what I thought.
I said "Racer 5" and without blinking, immediately prepared the ingredients and instructions for the Mr. Beer. Only cost me $18 for the grain, UME, hops and yeast. It's fermenting perfectly now after 5 days so I'll know in a few weeks.
Bottom line, I'll continue to order some stuff from Mr. Beer but will also try to use the LBK with my local shops recipes as well.

seeing your post gave me the idea to see if there was one around where i live... and what do you know, it's where i go to get out of the ordinary beer and cigars on rare occasions. I'm liking this hobby more and more every day!

Trollby wrote:

I will be stuck in Barron county for 2 weeks late February-March for a Homicide trial.

Who did you kill?

KIDDING!!!! I'm just kidding!

Beer-lord wrote:

I went into the only shop in my area a few weeks ago and it was small and very overstocked (for Christmas) The owner was a dude in his mid thirties, originally from Milwaukee (I'm in New Orleans) and grew up around homebrewers (go figure :) )
I mentioned that I use to do the large batches long ago and tired of it but got into Mr. Beer because it was easier and made smaller batches between the times I wanted to make larger ones. I expected him to laugh but he just said that if you use the right ingredients, you'll find you can make very good beer. He asked me to let him put together a recipe for any beer I wanted and see what I thought.
I said "Racer 5" and without blinking, immediately prepared the ingredients and instructions for the Mr. Beer. Only cost me $18 for the grain, UME, hops and yeast. It's fermenting perfectly now after 5 days so I'll know in a few weeks.
Bottom line, I'll continue to order some stuff from Mr. Beer but will also try to use the LBK with my local shops recipes as well.

Care to share the recipe?