Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
jcoiv70

Brewing with 2 standard HME's

Has anyone brewed with two standard HME's such as two WWW or two HCCD with one booster.

Got two refill packs from my local BBB for cheap.

Any other recipes that would work with just two HME's from this list and some household adjuncts

HCCD
CGL

Thanks in advance

jcoiv70 wrote:

Has anyone brewed with two standard HME's such as two WWW or two HCCD with one booster.

Got two refill packs from my local BBB for cheap.

Any other recipes that would work with just two HME's from this list and some household adjuncts

HCCD
CGL

Thanks in advance

You can brew a batch with two HMEs and a Booster, but be aware that the result will be pretty hoppy. If you like hoppy beers, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that the result will be hoppy.

As far as using household adjuncts, I now go to the LHBS for LME (I get it in bulk, but many people prefer working with DME). If you can't get LME or DME, pick something from the following list:

Yes you can use 2 cans of HME and the booster, and let it ferment for about 21 days, that's usually what I do when I get the refills on sale, but you should add some extra yeast 2 or 3 packs to help to complete fermentation,

From what I remember from someone telling me to combine 1 can WWW + 1 can HCCD and 1/2 bag of booster I have that brewing right now..... The Krausen nearly blew the lid off the LBK but it calmed down now

I just bottled a batch the other day that had two cans of west coast pale ale hme and booster. It tasted like flat hoppy beer. I can't wait for it to carb and condition.