Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
highlandmck

flat beer.

I brewed muntons irish style stout.
2 weeks conditioning in bottle was good for most part but on consuming quite a few, i noticed some of the bottles seemd flat.
So i decides to put back in warm room to condition a further week.
Wow further week was great and i took some out to again consume and chilled, but yet again longer bottles chilled the beer was flat.
Seem longer they were chilled the flatter they appeared.
I know the muntons says to condition in a warm area for 2-3 days then cooler area for a week or 2 at the least.
So what is the problem.I was doing the beer like mr beer with sugar etc and keeping in a room 65 degrees to condition,Is muntons so different that the conditioning should be done in a cool room for the most part :dry:

Carbing the beer should be done for two weeks after bottling at the temp that you fermented the beer at. If its still flat after that then you added too little priming sugar.

You may simply not be giving it enough time. You'll usually hear that two weeks is sufficient for carbing, and then to condition at the same temperature for another two to six weeks. In fact, proper carbing can take over a month in my experience. The CO2 produced in the bottle needs time to properly dissolve into solution; and the difference between two weeks in the bottle, and four weeks or six weeks can be dramatic.

that was my first thought but 60% was perfect 40% wasnt all had same volume of sugar.
I guess i may have missed adding exact same in each bottle.
Oh well live an learn but no wasteage, made a great stout and beef pie with the flat beer.

Boe1971
Ummm, I didn't get any beef and beer pie...

highlandmck
well ya didn't make any thats why

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

highlandmck wrote:

well ya didn't make any thats why

Well apparently my good friend that lives right down the damn road made some and neglected to tell me... and to think I was gonna share my Pale Ale with ya this weekend... might just hafta keep it all to myself now.

well next batch o stout ya can have a bottle to make some pale ale huh hmmmmmmmm
Actually its a week old right now so going to try an keep it for 3 weeks at least and then i have my 5 gallon of wheat one with sweet orange and one without.Not yet bottled
And the bavarian wheat might meet some heather tips and possibly sweet gale and probly some norhtern brewers hops.
I got a heather plant outside blooming but i think the local cats pissed on it.Wont take the chance.
No intention of adding cat pee to the equation

highlandmck wrote:

well next batch o stout ya can have a bottle to make some pale ale huh hmmmmmmmm
Actually its a week old right now so going to try an keep it for 3 weeks at least and then i have my 5 gallon of wheat one with sweet orange and one without.Not yet bottled
And the bavarian wheat might meet some heather tips and possibly sweet gale and probly some norhtern brewers hops.
I got a heather plant outside blooming but i think the local cats pissed on it.Wont take the chance.
No intention of adding cat pee to the equation

I hear they put cat piss in beauty supplies......... who knows might make you hotter :lol::lol::lol: