Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
buzzs

Hi all! Ready to give this a try.

I just got the starter premium kit with the WCPA and had a couple questions. First, is the homebrewed beer cloudy with particles floating arround once bottled. From my understanding you can't filter this out because you need it to react with the sugar to naturaly carbonate? Is there a way to filter the crud out and force carbonate with some type of carbonator which would also shorten the wait time? I have no idea if this is even possible but I thought I'd ask. I've seen those make your own soda carbonators and wonder if there is a beer making one. Anyways, Im going to give this a try and start brewing this weekend.

Cheers,
Mark

My suggestion is to simply follow the Mr Beer instructions for your first batch and I will promise you will be pleasantly surprised. I'm only into my 4th batch and I am in no way an expert brewer but the beer you can make by simply following the instructions is great beer. Trust me I am drunk off my ass right now on beer I made with Mr. Beer.

Relax make your beer follow the instruction and worry about force carbonation and floating particles later.

Welcome buzzs... You've covered a wide range of topics in those questions. I'm sure you will get many specific replies, but in general I'd recommend two things.

1. Check out this thread (The Simple Guide Line). http://community.mrbeer.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=124&func=view&catid=8&id=123726

2. Use the forum's search feature and try various terms like: racking, or racking to secondary, cold crashing, batch priming, etc.

In general, yes you may have a bit of cloudiness to your home brew, but that's OK. Factors that will reduce that include fermenting longer(2-3 weeks instead of 1), cold crashing (putting the keg in the fridge for a day before bottling), batch priming (racking to a secondary and priming all at once instead of priming individual bottles), kegging, and putting individual bottles in the fridge for several days prior to drinking, etc.

Lots of information here. Read the stickies (perm. threads) in the New Brewers section, watch the videos, search the forums, etc. Keep reading. Keep posting. Keep brewing!!

:charlie:

Tin Man

I bottled my first batch of wcpa a week ago, used 2 clear bottles just so I could see what was going on, both bottles are clear except for a small bit of sediment on the bottom.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center buzzs. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: We have beer.

I covered alot of that in the Simple Guide Line. Maybe I should do a section on Kegging.

pete rose haircut wrote:

I bottled my first batch of wcpa a week ago, used 2 clear bottles just so I could see what was going on, both bottles are clear except for a small bit of sediment on the bottom.

the sediment on the bottom of the bottle is still trub.... from reading on the forums you'll still get sediment on the bottom of the bottles