Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
rlandrau

Just bought the kit

Being watching the Mr. Beer kits on the site and allways was very willing to try but allways came to a stop as soon as the shipping was calculated, still dont know why shipping to Puerto Rico as UPS since USPS does ship for fixed rate and will become cheaper. Anyway... I would like some tips and do's and don't do's for a first time batch brew.

I saw some post on beer types... I would like to know what type of beer shall i brew to get something of better qyality and flavor than a King Cobra Premium.....

King Cobra :laugh: :laugh: I have not heard that name in forever.

Been there done that. :laugh:

I'm sure someone here can help you with your decision. I just never thought I would hear someone want to clone King Cobra. I'm not laughing at you because I am guilty of partaking in them myself.

Of Better Taste and Quality of King Cobra? Actually just about anything you make probably! Just take your time with the first few batches you'll get the hang of it and soon be making Great Beer.

I wonder if anyone out there actually has a clone recipe for King Cobra? :laugh: Isn't malt liquor more of a lager than an ale? I think there are basically more adjuncts in malt liquor but I am by far an expert.

I wonder if you would brew Malt Liquor at room temps similar to ale.

I actually posted a question concerning a olde english 800 recipe for my brother...he wants home brewed malt liquor 40's for his bday with his face on the bottle...idk... but ill try to find the link if you are interested because someone shared a colt 45 recipe in there as well.

welcome to the borg!!!!!!!!!! read the stickies they will help you out tremendously :barman:

Brew-tality wrote:

People really try to clone crap like that???

One mans' crap is another mans' stout :P

like i said, it is for my brother...he really wants 40's with his faceon em...i dont get it, but when i asked here i got some funny answers and then two recipes...crazy. But to be fair, i used to drink a lot of mickeys and olde english, so i wont hate.

rlandrau, one very nice thing you will learn about brewing your own beer is that you can make whatever beer you like. But you will probably make a few beers before you get a real direction you want to take.

If you got a kit I'd suggest just brewing it up as is the first time. You need to learn that cleaning and sanitizing your brewing equipment is very important, that maintaining frementation temps is important, and that waiting the proper time at each step is important (usually 2 weeks fermenting, 2 weeks carbonating, (QC testing sample) and 2 weeks conditioning at a minimum)

The first batch or two doesn't have to be fantastic, but just making beer that is beer is sort of magical. Then you know you can make any beer you want.

Good Luck.

One mans' crap is another mans' stout :P

Now that is what I like to hear. One thing I cannot stand its a beer snob. As if everyone jumped out of the womb doing drinking an all grain beer.

I remember drinking Little Kings thinking they were the greatest thing in the world. Now I consider them piss water but I still dont forget where I came from.

Guest System Admin

Are we back to making 40s again? Lol

hey powers, sorry if my comment came off as "beer snob"-ish. I didn't mean it to sound like a hater. I agree you should brew whatever you want, I just figured after seeing all the refills and cool recipes on the Mr Beer site that you really wouldnt wanna bother with malt liquor. My bad...

mainegoer72 wrote:

I'll make a deal with you.

If you don't criticize the beers others choose to make, I won't criticize the beers you choose to make.

:chug: bpgreen wrote:

mainegoer72 wrote:

I'll make a deal with you.

If you don't criticize the beers others choose to make, I won't criticize the beers you choose to make.

I think on my way home from work tonight I am going to buy a King Cobra and drink the hell out of it just to remember old times.

Here's to 40's of malt liquor :chug:

Brian1179 wrote:

welcome to the borg rlandrau :cheers:

never heard of King Cobra..what is it like? :(

Check out the signature/

King Cobra is about average when it comes to Malt Liquor. I cannot say its bad because I am easy to please and have drank many of them back in the day.

don't do the 2.2.2 thing.

read read read and listen to the BORG.

brew - on.

Actually what i liked of the King Cobra is that is sweet, light in flavor and a very nice clear color. My wife loves it but she can't have it too quick!

Actually what i liked of the King Cobra is that is sweet, light in flavor and a very nice clear color. My wife loves it but she can't have it too quick!

Brew-tality wrote:

hey powers, sorry if my comment came off as "beer snob"-ish. I didn't mean it to sound like a hater. I agree you should brew whatever you want, I just figured after seeing all the refills and cool recipes on the Mr Beer site that you really wouldnt wanna bother with malt liquor. My bad...

no worries, i dont think you sounded "beer snobish"...truth, if and when i want a 40, ill buy one, not brew one. its just my brother is still "40 tippin" as he calls it and he wants 40's. I probably wont clone anything, ill jst do a wcpa with some light dme and increase the abv a bit...toss it in some 40 bottles and stick his ugly mug on it and call it a day. But, the recipes are out there...