Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
StatsnBrew

Data Contribution From Another Noob

Greetings, all.

Another Christmas newbie here. I have lurked and studied here since getting my first kit as a gift and following up with a second kit at the BBB sale after Christmas.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and passion. This community is one of those that puts me in awe of the power and usefulness of the internet.

My first batch of straight up WCPA is now in the bottles. OG was 1.034, FG was 1.010 both temperature corrected. I started right off with the standard Mr. Beer process except for lengthening the times to the 2-2-2 method as a minimum starting point thanks to all your advice. I bottle primed this first batch. I have a staged tasting plan laid out after I reach the 2-2-2 minimum. I also have an LBK of Whispering Wheat already fermenting.

Of course, now I am constantly hearing Tom Petty in my head, "The waiting is the hardest part..."

Now, being somewhat of a geek (statistical engineer), I am approaching my brewing with process control, data collection, experiments and analysis. Don't worry about my sanity though, I actually enjoy this stuff. (Although that in itself may very well be the cause for worry!) As she has for 3 decades now, my wife just chuckles and shakes her head about it. I think she got my kit just so she could be entertained watching me play with it.

Of course, I just had to create some kind of spreadsheet already. I now have a one sheet Excel database of all the Mr. Beer Recipes, their styles, characteristics, timelines, ingredient lists and links to their website . I wanted this to plan out my experimental path. I will happily send this Excel sheet to anyone who wants a copy. I wanted to try to contribute something to the community for all the useful information I have gathered here.

StatsnBrew

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center StatsnBrew. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have Beer.

Enjoy the Assimilation.

welcome stats. I'll take a copy of that spread sheet if you dont mind. can you just send it to my inbox on here??

Welcome Stats! I would love to have that list if you could send it to my inbox it would be greatly appreciated!

You can send me the excel sheet I wouldn't mind taking a look at it. I'm an Excel nerd myself. Just so you know QBrew does a good job and keeping track of everything as well and its free.

I am not sure how this forum works regarding sending files. I do not see a way to send the Excel spreadsheet via a private message to those of you who requested it. I do, however, see a "Select file to attach" option on this post page so I'll try that... [file name=Mr_Beer_Recipes.xls size=333312]http://community.mrbeer.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Mr_Beer_Recipes.xls[/file]

I put this together so I could search and cross reference the recipes and answer things like, "What can I brew if have a can of X, Y and a bag of Z on hand already?"

Thanks, Dustin. I have been playing with QBrew and the database updated with Mr Beer components. I like it so far. I am going to resist the urge to go all crazy inventing recipes until I've been able to make a few standards that are drinkable.

I apologize for the necro-bump, but I did some work on the spreadsheet today.

I noticed a lot of people are asking for Mr. Beer ideas, so I thought I'd take a swing at it.

I hope it's okay with the original owner of the document - I modified a few things, added bits here and there, and threw up it up on Google Docs.

It should be pretty self-explanatory.

Mr. Beer Recipe Spreadsheet.

Wow very nice, spreadsheet does just about everything except drink the beer for me (& it better not). Thanks much

Guest System Admin

Thanks for the great spreadsheets. I was making the assorted lists as txt or doc file. This sure makes it easy to compare and select the recipes.
Nice job both of the Excel experts.