Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
RollTide

Forum question

I posted earlier about where I am in my first brewing experience and got exactly zero response. If thats what constitutes "community" here, then I'll experiment on my own rather than ask for advice here. Is it possible to remove membership here?

Rolltide, this forum gets pretty slow on the weekends. Bump any of your questions during the work-week and you'll probably get plenty of answers.

That would be a fair enough response if other, newer posts, weren't being responded to. But they are. Do you know how to leave this board?

Well, I don't know if it's possible to delete your account but all you have to do is stop coming here and posting. Ultimately there really isn't any need to delete your account.

With that said, your first post got 5 responses. Your second post got 2 responses. Your third post didn't get any but it was only 3 hours ago. Your fourth post (this one) has received 2 responses.

It appears that you're getting an average response rate. Posts that ask specific questions or ones that make interesting points get responses. Your third post just didn't warrant much response since it was somewhat confusing and didn't ask any specific questions. You also have to realize that there are a TON of new people on here due to people getting Mr. Beer kits for Christmas (including me) and we’re all asking the same questions and making the same posts. The regulars here are doing an awesome job of responding to most of the questions (Even when they’ve already been answered 100 times).

Anyway, I hope you don’t take it personally. This forum is here for information and assistance from other brewers who are volunteering their assistance. I’m sure nobody wants you to walk away unsatisfied but you have to keep all the other things I just said in mind.

(This is all coming from someone who has spent a lot of time posting on and moderating forums. I by no means claim to speak for Mr. Beer or the forum regulars.)

RollTide wrote:

I posted earlier about where I am in my first brewing experience and got exactly zero response. If thats what constitutes "community" here, then I'll experiment on my own rather than ask for advice here. Is it possible to remove membership here?

OK, while mxstar21 may have come across a bit harshly, you do sound whiny. I've had posts that no one has responded too, but I can't say that I've ever asked a question an not gotten a response. But if you just post an observation sometimes people just have nothing to say. I mean, what did you expect in response to that post (I've looked at it and I've got nothing to say, except maybe what d3EP said).

I know that you want to feel like you're part of the group, but it takes time. And part of it is just random. Sometimes a post will get 1 response and sometimes it will generate 3 pages of them. Just depends on who is on, if that have something to say, and if they feel like saying it.

And Woody has a good point. Because when I come here, I look at "My Discussions" list to see what's happening in the threads I've posted in. Then (if I have time) I look at "Recent Discussions" and I rarely look past the 1st page. So if a bunch of people post their own questions and respond to other posts you quickly get bumped off the page, especially when one like this keeps getting sent back to the top.

Seriously? You post something late at night that is more an observation than a question then you complain and whine when you don't get a response quickly enough? How old are you again? If you don't like it here, then hit the road, no need to delete your posts or profile. Just stop coming here. If you want to stick around and learn a few things then stop acting like a 12 year old little girl and quit whining.

Boe1971 wrote:

... then stop acting like a 12 year old little girl and quit whining.

I have to disagree, I don't think 12 year old girls whine as much :woohoo:

I have been on this forum for several months now, have posted questions/comments that received little to no response but have never complained about it. As stated above it slows down on the weekends especially Sundays (people brewing, playoff football, and just spending a day with their family) Everyone is more than willing to help out and share their TIME & EXPERIENCE. What you posted was not a ?, it was a statement:

"1st brew update 9 Hours, 48 Minutes ago
Wcpa...first beer tasted- 1+ 1+ 2 days fridge....green, immature. Next 2 beers tasted- 1w 6days+ 10days+ 1.5 days fridge...nice...excellent head, smooth. A little cloudy but tasty. The rest will be 1w 6days+ 4weeks+ 2days and I'm sure looking forward to it!l"

Wow! You Guy don't mess around! Remind me not to make any post after more than 6 beers! LOL! Some people are just attention whores and sulk when they don't get noticed. Either that or they end up with a perment tattoo on there face saying "Look at me!"

By the way, that was a joke to break the tension :lol: :cheer: ;)