Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
GWCR

Call Dibs on the Spring Seasonal-Imperial Pilsner!

Not real crazy about pilsner's but I've been so impressed with the rest of the seasonals I have to at least try one!

Just gotta be sure you're setup to ferment at lager temps. The MRB stick on thermometer doesn't even register that low. Hmmm...didn't really think about that, did they?

I tried, but I just can't justify the cost, since my last Mr. B sized AG pilsner cost all of $7. Let me know how they turn out!

I'll buy one because I have also liked the seasonals so far.
I don't mind spending a little extra on these to support MrB and for the ease of brewing they provide since I don't use the extracts anymore (aside from the seasonals).

genotype wrote:

Just gotta be sure you're setup to ferment at lager temps. The MRB stick on thermometer doesn't even register that low. Hmmm...didn't really think about that, did they?

You are right, that's where you need a therm. in the cap or atleast one in the cooler.

Kealia, That's the way I look at it also, a good beer fast and easy to brew.

I agree with that, Kealia, and have followed that logic for the ones I've bought, but pilsners have proven to be so simple and inexpensive for me, that this one is hard for my inclined-to-be-cheap mind to wrap itself around... ;)

Guest System Admin

This will be my first MB seasonal so I'm definitely trying it. I've heard good things about past seasonals.

swenocha wrote:

I agree with that, Kealia, and have followed that logic for the ones I've bought, but pilsners have proven to be so simple and inexpensive for me, that this one is hard for my inclined-to-be-cheap mind to wrap itself around... ;)

I'm going to probably get one can just so I can see what those weird hops are like.

berryman wrote:

Did anybody get an email back from MB after doing the dibbs?

Nope. You will get an email once they are ready to ship, which will be a few days before they are released to the non-dibs callers.

+1 to Kealia and others. I only get the seasonals and a few misc items on my brew club order every 3 months. Other than that, I'll p/u refills on sale at BB&B after the holidays.

swenocha wrote:

I hear ya there. I'm not even a big pilsner drinker but what the hell.

BTW, I picked up a bottle of Scrimshaw Pilsner the other day but have had a cold since then so I haven't been able to try it yet. I know you're a fan.

I got a case of the stuff (among other bottles) for working a beer tasting before Christmas. It's quite good... I've had some better pilsners/lagers, but I've had a lot worse...