Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JamesD

apple pie moon shine ?

Just made a batch of apple pie moonshine. If you could get your hands on some i suggest it!

I had them before but it was made with lemons and everclear don't quote me on this but i believe they boiled half the bottle amount of just water and lots of sugar and gotta let the everclear sit in the lemons for a few days then bottle the sugar water and half the liquor so u will get two bottles out of one i hope this makes sense and they where so good

Then put in the freezer oh yeah they called them chello shots means something in Italian i think

this is how i make mine, that is if i don't have actual Moonshine to add.
1/2 gallon of apple juice
1/2 gallon of apple cider
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

To get started, you need a large boiling pot. Add into this pot the apple juice, apple cider, the white and brown sugar, and the whole fresh cinnamon sticks. Bring these contents to a boil, then remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down to room temperature. Once at room temperature, gradually stir in the 190 proof grain alcohol. What you don’t consume in one sitting, you can bottle for later use. Store it in sterile Mason jars, place one cinnamon stick in each jar, and then store them in a cool dark dry place. After a couple of weeks your Apple Pie Moonshine will taste even better. This batch will make about 4 1/2 quarts.

AHHHHHH... grain alcohol punch... brings back memories of younger years. I think drinking that stuff turned us into idiots. :o) Sounds like a good special occaision drink. Who doesn't like apple pie?

I havn't tried the apple pie one but the one i did try made from lemons was excellent

If you just put some apple juice in with the shine its pretty good. I do that on occation.

The one with lemons sounds like an Italian liquor called Limoncello (sp) Ive heard of people making that using Meyers lemons when they are in season with vodka... not quite the same kick though

the "shine" we get in wv is about 110 proof. Pretty damn good stuff. Never tried apple pie with everclear though, But for those inquiring here is the recipe:
1 gallon motts or white house apple cider
1.25 cups of sugar

In a large pot bring cider and sugar to a boil
after boil sit in ice bath in sink.
after cools down put in one quart jar of "shine"
stir good.
Put two cinnamon sticks per quart jar dump in mix.
let sit for 7-10 days and be careful!!!!!!

That's what they said it was called but they used everclear and it was strong but very tasteful

I wonder how this would taste if ya just used vodka, no flavor from the booze and much lower alc. % than everclear?

Guest System Admin

The recipe a buddy made was simular

1 gallon Apple cider
1.5 cup brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1 bottle Everclear

1/2 gallon cider and sugar in a pot bring to boil and add cinnamon remove from heat and let cool to room temp slowly.

Pour mixture in a 1 gallon container and add everclear, mix well. Top off with remaining cider, mix well and place in fridge.

Was very tasty gallon of woop-ass

FrozeninTime:
I've done the apple cider thing with vodka before like the previous recipe. If you're looking for something you can drink more than a shot at a time of, it's ok. I'm a rum fan, so I like that version better.
I think this whole thread though was started out as having a shot that tastes good, but kicks some butt. Grain is good for that.
I believe we used a product called graves grain alcohol, and right on the label it stated not for consupmtion. Isn't that a green light for younger ones like me at that time to drink it? :laugh:

Gods Country Brewer wrote:

JamesD wrote:

Strong isnt good. Try actual moonshine if you can GET IT!!!

Shine on Georgia Moon is a commercially available moonshine although only 80 proof.

I thought that moonshine by definition was illegally distilled whiskey.

Lol Im 33 so no more chello shots for me when i was younger it was dequila and beer now its just beer

A co-worker of mine is always telling me about the Apple Pie shine. Gonna have to try this, but can't get Everclear in PA...Sooo... ;)

Correct me if Im wrong but Im from pa and they sell it there now what part of pa u from

Daniels wrote:

Lol Im 33 so no more chello shots for me when i was younger it was dequila and beer now its just beer

Thanks for the laugh! 33 is soooo young. It's funny when young whippersnappers think they are old!

Lol when i was deployed i messed my back up real bad so it makes me feel older cause the pain is so bad all the time anyway lets drink some beer and enjoy the weekend its about 2 degrees out so Im gonna enjoy myself indoors today

to those of u who cant get SHINE or the 190 everclear, double the 151 kind of alcohol, it creates around the same ABV. this is one of those creepers, u can drink it all night, and seem fine, the second u stand, down u go. so becareful.

jhyoung09 wrote:

this is one of those creepers, u can drink it all night, and seem fine, the second u stand, down u go. so be careful.

I'm letting a friend from work use a 5 gallon carboy in trade for a liter 190 grain Everclear. I made a batch of this stuff up and I have to agree, this stuff is scary good!! *Just a note* the batch yields 4 quarts and one pint when is all done.

I don't know why, but this freaking cold weather and snow on the ground made me think of this thread. I really have to make some of this. IF I can remember this weekend when I'm in town, I'm gonna get some everclear and cider.

Frozen In Time

I saw the film of your snow in ND. Please keep it up there where it belongs, its too early for winter down here! I like warmth.

[attachment=9049]StarWars01.gif[/attachment]

"TimeTraveler" post=288604 said:

Frozen In Time

I saw the film of your snow in ND. Please keep it up there where it belongs, its too early for winter down here! I like warmth.

+10000000 to that please keep it up there don't want in down here in socal at all... :cheers:

I'd like to send it your way... but it's snowing out as I type this... LOL

we get it once in a blue moon..........welllllllll......look at that.......a blue moon dam dam dam dam :freeze: