Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
jhyoung09

Popped the top on #1

It's a West Coast Pale Ale, it came with the kit. It's pretty good. It's been carbing for the 2 weeks, im letting the rest of the bottles condition for another few weeks, but i did notice that it was a little i guess over carbed. will that go away sitting for the extra weeks, or is it a better luck next time kinda thing?

Did you use the Mr Beer suggested amount of priming sugar? Seem like many folks here abouts think the amount is too much and the beer gets over carbonated.

I drank my 3rd bottle has been carb/conditioned for just about 20 days its ok i think i didn't let it ferment long enough it has a different after taste then what Im use to drinking I'll let it sit another 4 days and try another

GOF wrote:

Did you use the Mr Beer suggested amount of priming sugar? Seem like many folks here abouts think the amount is too much and the beer gets over carbonated.

Yeah i used what they said, i may have went a little over on accident i guess. Do you use the said ammount or do u do a tad less?

Mr Beer's suggestion is a bit over carbed if you ask me, also once your beer sits for another couple of weeks it will absorb some of the carbonation so as it dont come gushing out all at once right after you open the bottle.

Personally, I prefer lighter beers like the wcpa to have lively carbonation, I'm bottling a raspberry wheat beer this weekend, will def prime that with less sugar.

I thought the carbanation was good i used the right amount in the directions i think lol

Guest System Admin

Someone posted on here a few weeks ago how much sugar that one should actually use. I'm not sure if it's from a calculator, but in any event, yes it's too much sugar for priming.