Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
livewirecs

Just ordered.....

The professional bottling system and the Witty Monk Witbier.
I am excited to use glass bottles!!!!!!!

I'm just about to order the Professional Bottling System as well from MB.

Enjoy! :)

CORRECTION: I just DID order that system :)

Guest System Admin

Look at you guys getting fancy and using glass!! Welcome aboard!

I picked up a bench capper and caps locally for about $38. Works great. Yeah, I didn't get bottles. But I have enjoyed harvesting those. :gulp:

I've had my capper since christmas and just harvested a 12 pack of bottles from the new Sam Adams sampler. Their Whitewater IPA is fantastic, btw. I got all the labels off, and I wish they were completely unmarked, but they have a Sam Adams engraving. Because of the free beer, I can live with that though.

I was wondering which (pre filled lol) bottles would work for the capping system but just decided what the heck and just ordered the whole system.

Most bottles will work as long as they are not screw tops. There are some with a double lip. I've seen a list of bottles on here that are double lipped that you want to stay away from, as they won't allow you to get a good enough seal.
Remember,you may want to brew more while you're waiting for this batch to condition, so go harvest some bottles...

LOL - I just went the other way - I have tons of harvested bottles and am using them up while continuing to harvest :) I just ordered the 16 pack of 1/2 liter plastic bottles.

Why? Ease. Emergency backup in case I was to run low on bottle caps or bottles or something or i run low on time and have to get something done in a hurry :) Seems much better than the 1 liter bottles, coz sometimes you dont want to open a liter.

Cheers
jeff

I know all Sam Adams are pry off, but i also know that Red Stripe is (got a buddy from Jamica who loves the stuff), also if your significant other is like my fiance and isnt really big on beer, but like the hard ciders, then Wood Chuck bottles will work as well. You could always use some swing tops, I can't remember the brand, it starts with a G and is in a green bottle.
Also food for thought you can buy a Coors Lite Home Draft System, and there you go, its the same thing as a Tap-a-Draft but comes full of beer, and its only 20 bucks.

Swing tops like Groelsh (sp) and others can be used. I think it adds an old world cool factor...

mtsoxfan wrote:

Swing tops like Groelsh (sp) and others can be used. I think it adds an old world cool factor...

there thats the name.

I got bottles and caps but neglegcted to get a capper because I forgot it. Perhaps I will get one next week or sometime in the near future

If you need to buy a capper, I would invest in a benchtop capper $30-$40 compared to $10 for a winged capper. Makes life a bit easier...

I just finished harvesting my 72nd bottle! It was the best month long collecting experience ever! Buying empty bottles is like cheating. You have to push yourself to endure through every last drop. Like a fine tuned athlete!

mtsoxfan wrote:

If you need to buy a capper, I would invest in a benchtop capper $30-$40 compared to $10 for a winged capper. Makes life a bit easier...

I opted for the wing capper, especially since the complete package was on sale on the MB site (24 bottles, capper and 144 caps).

But if I really get into using glass bottles I may have to invest in a benchtop capper. I have heard from some of the more experienced guys on here they do make life simpler.