Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
sg1020

Priming

Iam new to brewing did one brew it came out good except that every bottle the carbs were not the same as the last even the flavors were not the same. Tell me how to prine the whole MRBEER keg how much sugar do you transfer the brew to adifernt kag? :P

Use a calculator like Screwy's.

EDIT: Although something's wrong if they didn't taste the same, unless there was a week or so between bottles as the conditioning would change the flavors. And the carb level shouldn't be that different if you measured the priming sugar correctly for each bottle. I've done both and see no significant difference in consistency between the two methods.

It's not the priming sugar that changed the flavors. It's the time you take them out of warm conditioning. A bottle you throw in the fridge and drink at 4 weeks will be different than a bottle thrown in after 5 weeks and so on. Typically the longer you keep them in the bottle at room temps, the better tasting the beer will be.

You may want to look into batch priming. When you batch prime, you use a second container, add the sugar for the whole batch to it, then transfer the beer, then bottle from there.

As already mentioned, but you let your beer condition for a month or more, your beer will usually taste better.

Sorry to jump in and ask idiotic questions but would it be possible to batch prime the LBK an hour or so into a cold crash, once the yeasties have gone to sleep? I'd definitely like to batch prime my second attempt as I'm bottling in an assortment of different sized glass bottles rather than the 1l PETs this time. Can't quite justify buying a secondary fermenter just yet.

Has anyone tried bottle priming with a syringe and a 50% w/v solution of dextrose (as an example, could go higher but 50% makes the maths easier!) before? I don't have digital scales but could acquire a couple of 15ml syringes from work.

Thanks.