Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
pommyman

Where to buy an extra LBK in Australia?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but thought I'd give it a go here.

I'd like to get a little production line happening and would love another LBK as I love the size of it.

Problem is I can't find anywhere in Australia that has them as a stand alone, and the Mr Beer website won't ship here.

Does anyone know where I can get one from? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Pommyman

What about a 3 gallon Better Bottle? I would think it would be fairly easy to find one of those if there is easy access to a LHBS there.

I prefer my 3 gallon Better Bottle Carboys.

I've got 2 LBKs and rarely do Mr B sized batches anymore. I want to keep one, but would be willing to sell the other.

However, I suspect that shipping would be prohibitive.

If I were you, I'd look into food grade plastic buckets at bakeries, etc, then get airlocks. There's no reason to abandon Mr Beer if you use larger fermenters. I've done a number of 4 and 5 gallon batches with Mr Beer ingredients.

Cool, thanks guys.

It's just I really actually like the 2 gallon size. It means I can try more types of beers with less brewed. 5 gallons is a big lot, so the ease of using the LBK just wins it for me.

I guess I'll just keep looking (though the 3Gall carboys seem like a good idea too).

Thanks,

Pommyman

try craigslist, I dont know if they have that in australia but it would let you get it locally and probably on the cheap