Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
chalkjhawk79

Sanitization Products

I was curious to know what types of sanitizing products people on here use to sanitize their brewing equipment. I'd like to be able to use stuff I might already have at home (or can easily get at walmart) instead of ordering online. But I've heard good things about Star San and I think it's only available online (or home brew store).

I'm still a newbie to brewing so for the time being I'm going to be just ordering the recipes from Mr Beer which I think always come with the no-rinse cleaner. I'm just thinking about the future when I might decide to venture away from some of the Mr Beer recipes. Thanks!

StarSan is a great product. Don't fear the foam! Shortest contact time. Iodophor is also another good one.

For cleaning, Oxyclean Free is a very good option.

Edit - Welcome to the obsession chalkjhawk79! Keep reading the forums and learn as much as you can. Your beer will thank you for it.

genotype wrote:

StarSan is a great product. Don't fear the foam! Shortest contact time. Iodophor is also another good one.

For cleaning, Oxyclean Free is a very good option.

Edit - Welcome to the obsession chalkjhawk79! Keep reading the forums and learn as much as you can. Your beer will thank you for it.

+1

You do not need to wait for StarSan to dissolve in water and contact time is only 1 minute.