Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cleveland013

Bed, Bath and Beyond Score!

Well I finally was able to hit my local Bed, Bath and Beyond.

After looking all over the store I at last stumbled upon 1 MB box left! :)

It's the 2 pack International series with the High Country Canadian Draft and the Whispering Wheat Weizenbier.

I ended up paying I think like $13 including tax for both. Nice score in my mind! :banana:

I've been looking at the MB site to get ideas for these brews as I'd like to do something different with them then brew them straight up.

Next year i'm going to have to try to get to BB&B a little sooner. :woohoo:

Guest System Admin

Not a bad score, can definitely piecemeal something together with other things to make a nice brew.

what state are you from? I never ever seen any beer stuff in NY and NJ BB+B. I usually get my extract from Amazon with the 4 for 3 promo and the premium extract comes out to be like $13.5 each.

abc08234 wrote:

what state are you from? I never ever seen any beer stuff in NY and NJ BB+B. I usually get my extract from Amazon with the 4 for 3 promo and the premium extract comes out to be like $13.5 each.

Lots of places carry them around the holidays stores like Sears, JCPenney, BB&B, and lots of like mall kitchen stores, etc. And then you can get them real cheap around now because they are seasonal items and go on clearance.

abc08234 wrote:

It's likely that they sold out by the time you looked. The one closest to me gets them in before Christmas, but they're usually all gone by mid December. I've found some at stores that are a little farther away, but they're almost always all sold out by the end of December.

bpgreen is probably right. I had checked a BB&B in a different city that I happened to be in Christmas shopping in early December. They had NOTHING MB related at all. And no spacing anywhere that suggested they has just run out.

The BB&B near my home, which I finally got to yesterday, had just that one MB 2 pack HME box left. So I'm guessing they stocked more or I was just lucky. :)

Just so everybody knows, there was a post I saw here the other day about Mr Beer products at walmart.com. You can order them online and do the whole site-to-store thing and pick it up at your local walmart. Pretty decent prices too. Just a heads up...

I got the same refill plus a deluxe edition for 14.99 so now I have those two (High Country Canadian Draft and the Whispering Wheat Weizenbier.) plus two WCPA's and am wondering what I can make upbeyween those and 4 boosters and 4 MB yeasts

this reminds me I went to my LHBS on saturday and got a discount because I have spent over $100 within the last month. If you ask the employee or more often the owner they will work with you on hooking you up if your a frequent flyer :P