Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JerryOnDrums

Really, really hoping this is normal (with PIC)

So I posted up a few days ago about flaky-looking particles in my fermenter. I just snapped a decent pic though, so I thought I'd share to see if anyone else has any different comments, or hopefully, has had the same thing happen and can put me at ease. Thanks!

Btw, this is day 12 in the fermenter of my Jamaican Mon. Followed the directions to a T. There was a good krausen for the first day or two, and there is definitely a healthy amount of trub on the bottom. So what does everybody think?

IMG_1407.jpg

Also, there isn't much activity going on at this point- the "flakes", or whatever they are, are just kind of suspended there in the brew.

RDWHAHB. You're fine. It looks like its just the krausen breaking up in the. You can toss in the fridge to cold crash for a couple of days before bottling if you want to. That should settle everything to the bottom.

gman585 wrote:

RDWHAHB. You're fine. It looks like its just the krausen breaking up in the. You can toss in the fridge to cold crash for a couple of days before bottling if you want to. That should settle everything to the bottom.

Right on, thanks for the reply. I actually didn't even consider that it could be the krausen breaking up and floating around. Good call!

Yep, just beer goobies. Cold crash that sucker a few days before bottling, and you'll be right. If not, you may wind up with a wee bit more trub than you thought.

One batch that I dry hopped commando with whole leaf hops wasn't cold crashed and I ended up with some hop leaves in the bottle. I told my buddies it was a "feature" and they were lovin' it. Bunch of crazy a$$ hop heads! :party:

Guest System Admin

Not a bad pic by the way!