Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
stoon83

Second and third

My second was the Vienna Lager ( with no modification), also a sucess. My third is the High Country Canadian Draft with some Cascade Hops added directly to the LBK. Since I had never tried this recipe but was anxious to try some hopping, I just threw them in!

Very pleased, tasted a bit like Sierra Nevada.

What did you do recipe wise for the HCCD? I have 5 cans of this sitting here and girlfriend flying in today. We are going to make a batch or two while she is here so she sees how easy using MrB kit can be (as she is going to be having one delivered to her house while she is out here). Was thinking of just putting 2 HCCD with a little light DME or UME and maybe 1 cup of the booster. Throw in some hops after primary fermentation and see how it turns out.

Never tasted the HCCD yet but it seems to be a lot of people on boards' fave HME so it should be tasty. We are going to use some of it to do a fruit based beer (something with either cherry or blueberry) while she is here, but I think we may end up making two. Just wondering how the base HCCD is on its own.

Cheers
jeff

Guest System Admin

As long as you're happy with the results, that's all that matters!

Manowarfan1 wrote:

What did you do recipe wise for the HCCD? I have 5 cans of this sitting here and girlfriend flying in today. We are going to make a batch or two while she is here so she sees how easy using MrB kit can be (as she is going to be having one delivered to her house while she is out here). Was thinking of just putting 2 HCCD with a little light DME or UME and maybe 1 cup of the booster. Throw in some hops after primary fermentation and see how it turns out.

Never tasted the HCCD yet but it seems to be a lot of people on boards' fave HME so it should be tasty. We are going to use some of it to do a fruit based beer (something with either cherry or blueberry) while she is here, but I think we may end up making two. Just wondering how the base HCCD is on its own.

Cheers
jeff

I've found that HCCD pours very easily compared to other MB HMEs and has a beautiful copper color tone. I recently made a 4 gallon batch using 4 cans of HCCD, a 3.3 # can of light LME and a pack of Booster. I think 2 cans of HCCD alone would be a good beer, and you can take it from there as to what you add as far as booster, LME or hops, but I don't think fruit would go too well. Just my opinion. I don't like fruit in my beers except for wheat beers, sometimes.