Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
powers1334

white floaters in my adipa

i used coopers drops for carbonation. other than that, nothing was different with my brew process or results until now...refrigeration has not dropped the floaters...safe to drink?

Chill 'em good for a few days.

Open one, pour slowly, taste.

You will know if it's bad...

Nothing in there that could hurt or kill ya' though...

:)

I've never used them, but I've read that Coopers drops leave white floating things in the beer.

upon further review...i did NOT use coopers on this batch...table sugar. it is only like this in a couple of bottles, which is good, because after 24 hrs in the fridge...flat. not a bad taste or anything, just not good. dissapointed.

bpgreen wrote:

I've never used them, but I've read that Coopers drops leave white floating things in the beer.

FYI: In my experience, Coopers drops don't do this, they are just sugar drops really. The Muntons carb tabs do however, they are more of a "tablet" with some kind of binder, and they do leave floatie bits.

mashani wrote:

bpgreen wrote:

FYI: In my experience, Coopers drops don't do this, they are just sugar drops really. The Muntons carb tabs do however, they are more of a "tablet" with some kind of binder, and they do leave floatie bits.

Check his correction, he used table sugar.

Coopers Carb Tabs work great, and so do Munton's carb tabs. Munton's used to have a problem with white floaties, but in my experience the problem has been eliminated.

The Munton's use DME.

mxstar21 wrote:

mashani wrote:

bpgreen wrote:

Check his correction, he used table sugar.

Coopers Carb Tabs work great, and so do Munton's carb tabs. Munton's used to have a problem with white floaties, but in my experience the problem has been eliminated.

The Munton's use DME.

Thanks for the info and for the correction. I've never used either and mixed up which ones had the floatie issue. Nice yo hear they no longer have that problem.

I use brewers best carbonation tablets and there are little floaties in the bottles, I haven't tried my beer yet, but will remember to pour slowly. Is there anything that will buy make floaties in the bottle besides regular sugar?