Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joechianti

Variety Pack on Amazon Right Now (3AM)

I know there's probably not many people out there this time of night, but Amazon has a Mr Beer Variety Pack of Octoberfest, Whispering Wheat and High Country right now for $24.74. That sucker jumps up and down a whole lot, often as high as $30, but this is the lowest I ever saw it myself.

Ironically, it's eligible for free shipping with $25 order, but what can you buy for 26 cents? I usually throw in a $3 rubber jar opener pad that has free shipping when that happens to me.

On the other hand, there's a buy 3 get one free deal. You could end up with 12 refills for $75 total. No tax, no shipping. If you don't mind so much of the same recipes.

I just did this same thing less than 2 weeks ago, and they were at $29.95 each that day. In fact, it was $27.50 when I started looking, and went up like $2.50 by the time I placed my order, within an hour or two.

Anyway, if anybody was on the fence with ordering some ingredients and they have insomnia, there it is. Good luck.

I ordered the 8, 1 liter bottles and threw in one variety pack just so I could get the free shipping. When that order arrives I will have a total of 7 refills waiting to be brewed. After I am half way thru those I will seriously consider the 4 for 3 deal.
I have four fermenting keggers right now, thinking about getting a fifth. I use three for standard brews, which take less time, and one for a premium brew, that I can let sit for longer and still have beer to drink. Soon to be 3 standard brews and 2 premium brews going at once, I think.

Guest System Admin

Sounds to me like you've been fully assimilated. Ain't it grand?

Beer has now moved up in priority for me just barely behind food and water.

And gaining ground quickly, I should say.

Thanks for the post!!!

I'm new to Mr. Beer and wanted to try each of these kits anyway.
Plus, I'm a Prime member, so I should have it by Monday!!!!!

Beer On.

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

If your looking for bargains - try this:

The Beer Machine Refills

*about $18 with shipping for 3 bags (they are like DME)

I got the Dutch Lager and it taste real good. I added 1lb of Breiss DME and it's currently conditioning.

Cheers!
:chug:

Does each bag make 1 keg of mr beer?

Also, you don't have to just buy that variety kit. I just purchased that kit, an adipa, witbier, and a wcpa deluxe coupled with a 3.3# can of cooper's amber lme for $81 shipped 2 day. I'll take that any day

Also if you are a member of Sam's Club, they have the 3-pack variety (American or international) for $20 plus shipping and tax. For me it came to around $26.

highlandmck wrote:

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

The Beer Machine Refills

I got the Dutch Lager and it taste real good. I added 1lb of Breiss DME and it's currently conditioning.

Cheers!

Does each bag make 1 keg of mr beer?

Yes and it's complete with yeast

We went to the store and ordered it from there and they gave free shipping to our front door. That's through Sears.

Lots of great posts here pointing out great deals on ingredients. I'm glad Amazon gave me one free with purchase of three, because after all the price drops this week, I'd be extra bummed.

It's good that we all share deals as we see them, no matter where we see them. Hey, it never hurts to save a buck.

i think this should be a category
Like deals of the day or cheap deals.
Many people searching for a deal makes it easy all around for us all to get in on a deal.

Great Minds Think Alike!!! I almost said the same thing in my previous post.

I was trying to come up with a subject heading for an ongoing thread already. Something not specific to Amazon or anywhere else, of course.

Anybody have a good name for a subject? We can come to some kind of a consensus maybe?

i just emailed moderator see if they could make a category.

name well bargain buy/ deals of the day not to imaginative with this except plain and simple cheap stuff

i hope they consider it not sure what they would call call it but just a category for deals that are out there and current.

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

The Beer Machine Refills

Cheers!

Bought the dutch lager also

Can you do a hop boil with this stuff?

Re: Beer Machine Refills:

Help me understand this, if you would. The description on the website is not very detailed.

For $18 including shipping you get 3 bags and each bag can make an entire LBK batch? I think I can see 3 packs of yeast in the photo, and maybe a sanitizer pack, too.

Is one of those bags basically equal to a MB refill kit?
What's in each bag? DME, booster, or what? How much does it weigh?

Even if you took one bag and added a DME to it, that's a good deal.

Joechianti wrote:

Help me understand this, if you would. The description on the website is not very detailed.

For $18 including shipping you get 3 bags and each bag can make an entire LBK batch? I think I can see 3 packs of yeast in the photo, and maybe a sanitizer pack, too.

It looks like a dry equivalent to the hopped malt extract standard recipes from MB without the booster. I may order it just for S&G but I find it odd and annoying that I'll have to call them to do so. It's most likely to prove that I'm old enough to purchase alcohol even though that product is not such... yet.

Joechianti wrote:

yes each bag makes a LBK so 3 batches or 18.00 Or so the customer rep told me,still they have one at 24.99 which i cant understand the difference between the 2 offers i stuck with the 12.99 offer.

And as far as whats in them ??? Well have no idea hope it makes beer though.

Guest System Admin

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

The Beer Machine Refills

Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the tip!

Had to take a shot at this one. Ended up getting 3 different flavor 3-packs: American Brown Ale, Canadian Red Lager and Dutch Lager. With shipping included, came out to $47.59, or $5.29 per recipe.

As best as I could tell, each recipe is about 2.5 lbs, but I can't tell for the life of me what's in it. I expect to add maybe another pound of DME, LME or Booster, depending what's already in it.

I know it's a gamble, but I feel it's a pretty safe gamble. Hoping to make a nice LBK batch out of this stuff with a little tweaking.

highlandmck wrote:

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

The Beer Machine Refills

Cheers!

Bought the dutch lager also

Can you do a hop boil with this stuff?

I don't think so. That's why I added the DME.

The Beer Machine Refills

I just ordered 2 of these, that's 6 refills, and the cost with shipping was $32 or $5.33 each! :cheer: A great deal.

I agree that this type of information exchange should be a permanent topic.

I never knew about the Amazon 4 for 3 deal until I read this thread and ordered 4 refills from them as well. Got my brewing schedule pretty filled up right now and might have to get a second LBK.

My first beer, the WCPA, came out wonderful. Everyone who's had it was impressed and enjoyed it. Last night I sampled my second batch, the Bewitched Red Ale, and it was also excellent but a little young with only 2 weeks of carbing. I'm impressed with the standard refills so far and can't wait for all the new refills to show up and my trying some advanced recipes.

Thanks to all who make this forum one of the best. :)

Don't forget about morebeer.com. Great prices there too...

mrblase wrote:

The Beer Machine Refills

I just ordered 2 of these, that's 6 refills, and the cost with shipping was $32 or $5.33 each! :cheer: A great deal.

I agree that this type of information exchange should be a permanent topic.

I never knew about the Amazon 4 for 3 deal until I read this thread and ordered 4 refills from them as well. Got my brewing schedule pretty filled up right now and might have to get a second LBK.

My first beer, the WCPA, came out wonderful. Everyone who's had it was impressed and enjoyed it. Last night I sampled my second batch, the Bewitched Red Ale, and it was also excellent but a little young with only 2 weeks of carbing. I'm impressed with the standard refills so far and can't wait for all the new refills to show up and my trying some advanced recipes.

Thanks to all who make this forum one of the best. :)

Still $24.74 on Amazon for the variety pack if anyone wants to jump on it, and still qualifies in 4 for 3.

How are the October fest, Vienna lager and Canadian draft? Anyone tried them? I was thinking of getting 4 of those packs and then use 2 cans of each HME instead of the booster to make 2 gal batch. Is that recommended? I just don't like how the beer comes out when I use 1 HME + 1 booster.

Since the HME contains the hops for a 2.4 gallon batch you would be doubling the hops needed which might be a problem depending on how hoppy you like your beer. I have used 1 pound of DME (dried malt extract)in place of booster with good result, which is only one batch as of now.

I just got off the phone with Cabela's. $18.83 shipped for 3 packs of pilsner light. Not a bad deal, even if I have to add another pound of dme to each recipe.

abc08234 wrote:

How are the October fest, Vienna lager and Canadian draft? Anyone tried them? I was thinking of getting 4 of those packs and then use 2 cans of each HME instead of the booster to make 2 gal batch. Is that recommended? I just don't like how the beer comes out when I use 1 HME + 1 booster.

Look at my 1812 beer i did with 2 hme
war of 1812 beer
Was potent but good takes longer conditioning time but worth it

I feel the same way about a 2 gal batch with one malt and one booster. But if you just put two malts together, are you gonna throw away the two boosters? I don't throw nothing away.

I prefer to use two malts and one booster, then fill to the Q and get myself 2 or 3 bonus pints. The two malts will outweigh that one booster so I'm comfortable with that.

That's just one solution. I'm sure there are plenty other options out there.

Joechianti wrote:

I feel the same way about a 2 gal batch with one malt and one booster. But if you just put two malts together, are you gonna throw away the two boosters? I don't throw nothing away.

I prefer to use two malts and one booster, then fill to the Q and get myself 2 or 3 bonus pints. The two malts will outweigh that one booster so I'm comfortable with that.

That's just one solution. I'm sure there are plenty other options out there.

I have never gone that route so I'm not sure what I'll do. But as the other poster stated, it might be too hoppy. I dunno.

I prob will just wind up with a bunch of booster laying around, just like my 2 dozen 1 step cleansers, because I use Start San all the time...

When I get 8-10 bags of Booster and/or OneStep saved up, I sell them on eBay. It's always enough to buy me a MB Premium/Deluxe Refill Kit.

I do use Booster - just not alot of it. It gets a bad rap from some people, but I like it.

Cheers!

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

When I get 8-10 bags of Booster and/or OneStep saved up, I sell them on eBay. It's always enough to buy me a MB Premium/Deluxe Refill Kit.

I do use Booster - just not alot of it. It gets a bad rap from some people, but I like it.

Cheers!

I actually like using that booster (so far)... want to save ebay fees?

VanceFox wrote:

SmokeDiver3zero wrote:

Cheers!

I actually like using that booster (so far)... want to save ebay fees?

I will holla next time

Just added following to community drain pipe

here we can continue the savings for now and future sales

Beer sales and Bargains

abc08234 wrote:

I did my first batch using 2 cans of WCPA and a bag of booster. Sure, hoppier than intended, but tasty. I like it better than commercial beer, even though I don't like bitter all that much. So sure, give it a try, with or without the booster. For my next batch, though, I'm doing one can WCPA with a pound of DME, no booster. I'll probably like it better, but it really all depends on what you like. DME or LME is certainly cheaper than HME, which is another part of my rationale ;-)

Ok, so my Cabela's "Beer Machine" kit came in the mail today.

There are 3 packs of approximately 2 pounds of "dry malted barley extract and hops ingredients".

My plan is to add a pound of dme to the mix and I'll see how it turns out.