Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
pocred

Questions about 3 spice lemon weiz

Im doing 3 spice lemon weiz recipe, with one change. I added a packet of booster. OG was 1.060. Two weeks later at 70 degrees. SP is 1.052.. You guys think this is normal? How long will it take to finish ferminting? Tasted ok, didnt tast like rocket fuel. I'll let it go another week and check it again. :unsure:

pocred wrote:

Im doing 3 spice lemon weiz recipe, with one change. I added a packet of booster. OG was 1.060. Two weeks later at 70 degrees. SP is 1.052.. You guys think this is normal? How long will it take to finish ferminting? Tasted ok, didnt tast like rocket fuel. I'll let it go another week and check it again. :unsure:

Are you saying it only dropped .008 points? Did you use fromunda yeast? If so, how many?

I just bottled the same recipe yesterday after 2 weeks in the fermenter. The only difference was that I filled my keg up to the bottom of the Q (~2.4 gals). I had a OG of 1.054. After two weeks I had 1.008 but I used WB-06 instead of Mr. Beer yeast.

I used 2 packets of mr beer yeast. My first time using hydrometer, but I think I'm doing it right.

The gravity should have dropped a lot more than that. Are you sir you're reading it correctly?

Can you post a picture?